chapter 2.

We finally got to the club, it feels like we spent forever for this moment. Walking in I was hit with the loud music and the smell of sweat and alcohol.
We got in easy because of Emily's boyfriend Andrew, that the only thing he is useful for.

Headed directly to the bar after squeezing myself through smelly bodies, if I was going to survive this night I need the alcohol. First Andrew is what you would call a bitch and I'm the only one who sees it, and I hate loud places. I'm going to try really hard to have fun tonight.

"Can I get a Martini." I said to the bartender.

"Hey raven, how did they get you to leave your crib" Ryan the bartender asked.

"I was promised free drinks and the bill is on Andrew." I said. Andrew's family own the bar one of their many properties in Miami.

"Happy birthday." He said.

"Thanks man." I said.

"Make it three." I said remembering I came here with other humans.

I walked to the VIP booth and it was quite on the inside. I saw emy with her face in Andrew's as I walked it and I almost vomited all the cake I had.

"Girl let give them privacy." Charlotte said when I gave her the drink.

"Let's go to the dance floor." She said.

"I need to be drunk and to do that a glass of Martini won't do the trick, so bar first." I said taking a sip out of Emily drink. She still has her face stuck in his face.

"To the bar." Char said.

"Ten shots of tequila."

"'Five each." I said to Charlotte, I don't think she heard put I push five to her when Ryan poured our drink.

"'On three, last one pays for dinner for a month." charlotte said

"3." I said and started taking shots and she still won. I don't know how she does it but she remains undefeated and I think she cheats, but I have no prove yet.

"I want seafood tomorrow." she said.

"Fine." I said.

She walked to the dance floor and I kept drinking my sorrow out, two fails one night. I think I'm drunk enough to dance, so I went to the dancefloor pushing through bodies to find charlotte but I failed. I just randomly start to move with no destination, I left there and tried to find my way out. My socializing battery is about to run out.

Walking out I had this felling that I was being watched and I did not like it, I increased my pact. Took out my phone to see where the Uber was and it was a minute away.

***********

Finally got home and next thing I noticed that it was morning again.

"Why can the earth take its time rotating around the sun?" I said when my alarm woke me up.

"Hey." I said when I went down after my morning routine.

"Slept well?" char asked.

"Not really, can't remember falling asleep." I said.

"I couldn't find you yesterday." I said.

"one night stand." she said

"On my birthday you both left me alone." I said with a frown.

"If its any consolation he was just a pretty boy with no skills." she said taking a sip of her drink.

"That's what you deserve for leaving me all alone without a warning." I said taking the food she made.

"I came back for you but you were not where I left you." she said.

"I was not interested in talking to the guy that rejected me." I said.

"Tell me everything." she said and I took a bite.

"He is seeing someone guess I was too late." I said focused on my meal

"You deserve better." she said

"I know sweetheart." I said taking a sip of her coffee.

"Whose phone is ringing?" Emily asked coming down in her PJ's

"Mine." I said and picked up my phone.

"Hello." I said.

"Princess." the person said.

"Who is this." I asked finding the voice familiar.

"its dad." he said

"Dad." I said

"it's time to come home." he said.

"I can visit now?"i asked.

"You are moving back home." he said.

"I have a home and its here." I said

"I will visit Mexico but I am not staying." I said

"it's not up for discussion, come back home." he said

"I am not coming back to stay in Mexico and that's final." I said and hung up. I miss him but I have made a home for myself, I don't want his life. My life is not perfect but I love I won't let him or anyone take it away from me.

"Who was that?" Emy asked.

"My uncle." I said

"I thought you had no family." she said with an ounce of suspicion.

"I am an orphan and I don't want to talk about my family."

"it's complicated." I signed

"Fine, what are you doing after this?" she said.

"Beach. You want to come?" I asked them.

*****************

After a long day at the beach, it did not help at all. I did not want to think about home and the possibilities of going back to that life. Mafia life is not enjoyable at all, the constant feeling of death lurking in the shadows.

My anxiety got a lot better leaving home, I miss my dad but the moment I step back to that life there is no going back. Going home means I get to be part of all the death, the torment and the sadness that place bring. Terrible places but its home. I miss my family but going back is not an option.

I heard a phone ringing in my sleep, oh its mine.

"Hello." I said.

"Tessa pack your bags its time to go home." the familiar voice spoke.

"Who are you? and I'm going no where." I said fully awoken now.

"Its Gabriel and I'm wait for you, so get down." he said.

"Uncle Gab, he sent you." I said.

"Come out, lets talk." he said.

"Do I have any chance of staying?" I asked in hope

"NO." he said

"He wants you and we are powerless." he said and sighed.

"You could tell him I ran away." I said

"Come or I will have to use force and we don't want to get your friends involved." Gabriel said

"Fine, give me a day." I said

"We are leaving now." he said and hung up. I don't get say goodbye so I wrote a note and took my already packed suitcase. I knew I was not going to win but I had to try.

"Gabriel."

"I'm sorry but hands are tied." he said hugging me.

"lets go home." he said. Mexico here I come.

<><>

<>

a/n

fun fact if you press that little star the whole page lights up.