Chapter 13 - Flutter

- TW: STRONG LANGUAGE -

"C'mon, we should get back," I say to Jiro, still smiling. She nods her head, and we start walking upstairs. The group is just settling into their seats as we enter the room. 

"Shall we continue the game, Kyoka?" I say, overly-polite.

"Of course, y/n," she replies in the same polite manner.

"Prepare to be slaughtered," I say, still with a polite tone.

"Talking to yourself again, y/n?" She asks and grins, trying to continue the little skit we've been doing.

"I hate to break it to you, Kyoka, but you are not me. I know you wish you could be, but I am deeply sorry. You are you, and I am me." 

"WILL YOU TWO JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY THE DAMN GAME?!" Bakugo shouts from his corner. He really claimed it like a fucking dog... just... without peeing on it, obviously. I swear he reminds me of an angry Pomeranian dog sometimes. I think it's the hair. Yeah, it's most definitely the hair.

"SHUT IT. WE'RE GOING TO," I yell back at him. "Can't have any damn fun around here, can I?" I say quietly and grab my controller. Just as my hands reach the small gadget, I hear my ringtone and feel the buzzing of my phone in my pocket. "One second, it's my Dad. I have to take this."

I shut the door and step out into the hall to answer Aizawa. 

"Hey, Dad. What's up?" 

"You need to get home. Now."

"What? Why? Dad, what's going on?" From his tone, it sounded like an emergency. Like something truly awful was happening. Something devastating.

"Just get home. You'll see when you get here." With that, he hangs up the phone. 

I burst through Denki's door. 

"I have to go. I'm sorry. I'll see you later. I just– I really need to go," I say, frantically gathering my things.

"But the game!!" Sero complains.

I didn't bother to acknowledge their comments. I just ran. My house isn't too far from here so getting there isn't an issue, but what's waiting for me might be. I don't know what to expect, to be honest. A fire? A fallen tree? A murder? I have no idea, but it can't be good. 

Aizawa's voice on the phone was frantic. He doesn't sound like that unless there's an emergency. I know Mic should be home, too. He usually has more meetings than Aizawa, so sometimes he's home less often. However, he always makes a point to tell me if he's not going to be home, and he didn't tell me there was any meeting. So if something bad happened at the house, they're both in trouble. Did something happen to them? But what could've happened to them at home? Did Mic do something stupid, like burn his fingers on the stove? Aizawa wouldn't call me about that, though. It isn't something extremely life-threatening. He'd just take Mic to the hospital and tell me about how stupid Mic was when I got home. He wouldn't call me for something as minor as that. 

I'll call him again.

The ringing sound plays on repeat. It's all I can hear, now, that sound. I hate it. It just means that something happened to him. But I can't lose either of them. They gave me a home, a family. I can't let anyone take that away. I won't let anyone take that away. 

After calling Aizawa and Mic over ten times, I gave it up and stopped calling. It's obvious at this point that they aren't going to respond. But why? Why aren't they responding?