4.

Tit for tat

"Do you really want to know why?" Taehyung asked, placing his hand in the pocket of his jeans.

His voice sounded calmer than before.

"I liked spending time with you." his gaze turned towards the ground.

That heaviness which Irene thought had gone away was back again. 

"And there was no other way to talk to you than that 1 hour." He picked up his gaze, trying to gain the courage to look at her again. 

There was an obscure silence for both of them, background noise becoming just another burden.

"Guess, there won't be a way anymore." she said bluntly, before turning on her steps. 

"Okay let me apologize." Taehyung said, stopping her at the spot.

"There is nothing to apologize for. I lied first." she excused, her face straight and for a second Taehyung was confused, then why did she look so annoyed. 

"It's not like we are friends or something, we just met at detention. Nothing more." She took a step back once again, turning around to leave. And he watched her go, until he couldn't. 

"What was -all that about?" Jimin stood up, finally walking towards Taehyung. 

"Do you think she was annoyed?" the blonde asked and latter replied fervently. 

"She was anything that could say annoyed." Taehyung turned to face him. 

"Did she seem annoyed at me ?" Jimin frowned, nodding his head in a yes hesitantly.

"Then.. then why did she say that it was nothing?" his head turned towards the gate, as if he could see right through it. 

 --- 

 "You said what?" Wendy exclaimed from the other side of line, Irene had to pull the phone away.

"I said it was nothing, and we weren't friends, and that's a fact why are you acting so surprised." Irene spoke with I know better tone. 

"So you went to him, accused him, acted angrily, and then said it was nothing?" she heard Wendy laughing, the realization hit her suddenly. 

That's the thing about impulsiveness, we think we did the best but just when we try to pat our back, we forget to look down at the drain we are falling in. 

"Okay, tell me I'm stupid."
"You are stupid." 

--- 

Nothing, it honestly has no meaning, making it such a useless word. But if taken into notice, we use and hear this word the most. 

"What are you doing" Nothing.
"Is something going on?" Nothing
"Do you want to say something.?" nothing.

Looking at it now, this nothing holds everything. Every of those which we can't speak, every of which we don't want to feel. Every of what, we won't face. Just like how Irene did since the last 3 days from the episode, she would walk as if there was nothing when the latter would literally be standing. Laugh as if it was nothing when she could easily feel the eyes on her. And once when he actually tried to talk to her, she excused herself by saying that she had a class. And maybe Taehyung couldn't take this longer.

If people are given the ability to communicate then why would they chose silence over it. 

A loud thud was heard from the canteen line, as Jimin was seen lying on the ground.