Part 3

I gave Lily the map as we walked out of the store. "It looks like it isn't far from where we are." Lily told me as she started walking. After getting lost a few times we finally made it to the shop. The lady was right. It was crowded with demons. I couldn't see them but I could sense them. Good thing I came with Lily or she would have gotten killed. Most of the demons here know not to mess with me, but there are the occasional ones that think that they can beat me. We stepped into the store. Lily ran over to a box of rings. Her eyes lit up. "They have it! Oh my gosh! I was so worried that they wouldn't have it but they do!" Lily said to me as she smiled widely. She picked out a ring that had a dark red stone with little bits of gold in it. I took it from her and looked at the price. It was 1,000 moons. "Lily, do you see the price of this? It's so high." "Oh I know but I came prepared. I've been saving up to buy this for months." I looked at her like she was crazy. Whoever was getting this must be really special. She walked over to pay for it. As she was paying I looked at the rest of the jewelry and one of the necklaces caught my eye. It had a soft lavender color with silver swirls. It reminded me of Lily. I picked it out and walked over to go pay for it. It was 1,500 moons, but I didn't care. I paid for it and walked over to her. "Close your eyes for me," I told her. "Why..." " Nope. no questions just do it" She finally gave in and closed her eyes. I gently put the necklace around her neck. "There" I said as I fastened the necklace. She walked over to a mirror and looked at the piece of jewelry that I had just put on her.

After a few minutes of looking at it. She quickly turned around. She looked upset. "What's wrong, do you not like it? I can get another one if you'd like." She quickly walked toward me and hugged me tightly. I could feel her tears soaking through my shirt. I hugged her back. She looked up at me. "I love it. Thank you. No one's ever given me something like this before so it means a lot to me." "your welcome" I replied as I hugged her tighter. "Hey ok so I know I said I wasn't going to ask anymore questions but i have one more" "ok fine ONE more question." "When will I get to know who gets the ring?" "you'll find out soon enough ok. I'll tell you eventually." I felt a bit childish but I held out my pinkie finger "Promise?" "Promise." She laughed at me and started to walk out the store. I soon followed after I said thank you to the store owner.