𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗥𝗮𝘁𝘀 𝗣𝘁. 𝟭

Y/n's POV:

I woke up to the phone ringing. I whined and covered my face with a pillow. "It's summer, leave me alone!" I shouted. I sat up and stretched before I went out into the hallway and picked up the phone. "Hello!?" I shouted. "Geez y/n! Good morning to you too." Max said. I chuckled. "Sorry, just tired." I said. "Nah it's fine I understand." Max said. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today?" Max asked. "Sure, let me change and I'll be over in ten." I said. "Okay, see ya." Max said. I put the phone back and went to my room to change. I left my hair down and grabbed a granola bar to eat on the way to Max's. I got on my bike and went to Max's.

I got to Max's and saw her outside on her skateboard. "Hey Max." I said as I walked over to her. She smiled and got off her skateboard before she ran over to me. "Y/n!" She shouted as she jumped in my arms. "Hi." She said as she got out of my arms. "Well someone's happy to see me." I said with a smile. "I'm always happy to see you y/n/n." Max said as she got back on her board. We had conversations as she rode on her board. "Shit!" Max exclaimed as her board went rolling from trying to do a trick. We looked up and saw El stop it and pick it up. She walked over to us and gave Max her board. "Hi." El said. "Hi?" Max said. "Can... we talk?" El asked. Max nodded still confused since El has never spoke to her.

"And then he said he missed me, and then he just hung up." El said, explaining what happened between her and Mike. "He's a piece of shit." Max said. "What?" El said as she furrowed her brows. "Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today! His nana obviously isn't sick. I guarantee you that him and Lucas are playing Atari right now." Max said as she came over to me and El. "But friends don't lie." El said. I sighed. No offense but she always says that and it's like everyone lies more than once in their life, even if they are your friends. "Yeah but boyfriends lie... all the time." Max said.

Max sat down in front of El. "You are going to stop answering his calls, as far as your concern he doesn't exist." Max said. "Doesn't exist?" El asked. "He treated you like garbage! You are going to treat him like garbage." Max said. "Give him his own medicine." I said. "Give him the medicine." El nodded at what I said. "And if he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself. Dump his ass." Max said. El widened her eyes but nodded. "Come on." Max said as she pulled El up. "Where are we going?" El asked. "To have some fun. There's more to life than stupid boys you know." Max said. We all went to a near bus stop and waited for the next bus to go to Starcourt. The bus arrived and we got on.

After a few minutes the bus stopped and we all got off. "So, what do you think?" Max asked as she looked at El. "Hey what's wrong?" Max asked. "Too many people. Against the rules." El said. "Seriously? You and y/n have superpowers, what's the worst that could happen?" Max asked. We all ran to the middle of the mall and El looked around in excitement. "So what should we do first?" Max asked. El looked confused since she has never been to a mall before. "You've never been shopping before, have you?" Max asked. El shook her head with a sad look. "Well then I guess we're just going to have to try everything." Max said as she grabbed El's hand and ran with her to the 'The Gap.' I followed behind them.

El looked around at all the clothes. El looked up and smiled at a shirt. "Do you like that?" Max asked. El turned to her. "How do I know... what I like?" El asked. "You just try things on until you find something that feels like you." Max said. "Like me?" El asked. "Yeah. Not Hopper. Not Mike. You." Max said. El smiled and tried things on. She kept coming out with different outfits and picked oh the ones that she wanted to buy. She wanted to wear the multicolored romper for the rest of the day, that she of course bought. Max tried on different sunglasses and finally found a pair that she liked and bought them. I bought a new shirt and some new pants as well.

We went to different stores and tried different things on which was fun. We also did some photos and bought them for memories. We hid behind a podium and El made a milkshake explode all over a group of girls that we ran into when we went into a shoe store. We all started laughing and ran away. "See! What did I tell you? There's more to life than stupid boys!" Max exclaimed as we continued running.

𝗔/𝗡: 𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗯𝗰𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘁😏