part 5

EVOCATION
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE:
SAFE HAVEN

EVOCATIONCHAPTER TWENTY FIVE:SAFE HAVEN

THE SAFE HAVEN. they'd been here for a bit, and Thomas was still not waking up. they'd told Tessa he'd be okay but she was still worried. They had knew clothes, it was a working village. Much happier.
Tessa sat with Minho and Jorge at the fire, she looked up to see Thomas out and walking. She tapped Minho who looked up as well. They started to walk towards him and he saw them and others surrounded

Tessa ran towards him, hugging him tightly and Minho did the same.

"We've come a long way together" Vince spoke "so many sacrifices, so much to make this place possible. Friends. Your family. So here's to ones who couldn't be here. The ones we lost. This place is for you and for all of us. But this" he pointed at a tall rock "this is for them. So on your own time, In your own way. Come make your peace."  He but the knife down "and welcome to the safe haven!" Vince raised his cup, and Tessa raised hers filled with water as everyone cheered

Tessa watched everyone with Thomas and Minho. They say near the back.
"this is gonna be a good home to us" Minho said

"Yeah" Thomas agreed

"You had this on you while you were passed out. Figured I'd keep it safe for you." Minho handed Thomas the necklace Newt had given him

"Thanks man" Thomas said amd Minho nodded

"See you out there" Minho said, getting up

Tessa leaned her shoulder on Thomas who played with the necklace in his hands. He noticed an opening and pulled something out.

a two notes.

One at the top said...

Dear Tessa,

this is the first letter I could remember writing. Obviously, I don't know if I wrote any before the Maze. But even if it's not my first, it's likely to be my last. I hope by the time your reading this were rescued you and Minho from WICKED, and that you'll be able to read this. 
I want you to know that I'm not scared. Well, not of dying, anyway. It's more forgetting. It's losing myself to this virus, that's what scares me. So every night, I've been saying their names out loud. Alby. Winston. Chuck. And I just repeat them over and over like a prayer, and it - And it all comes flooding back.
Just the little things like where the sun used to hit the Glade at that perfect moment right before it slipped beneath the walls. And I remember the taste of Frypan's stew. I never thought I'd miss that stuff so much. And I remember you. From the first time Minho brought you back to the glade, just a scared little girl who threw apples down form a tree. And I knew you were special the second I met you, and following you and Tommy has been the best and I would do it all over again, and I wouldn't change a thing. My hope for you: when you're looking back years from now, you'll be able to say the same. The future is in your hands now, Tessy. I know you'll find a way to do what's right. You always have. Take care of everyone for me. And take care of yourself. You deserve to be happy. Thank you for being my friend.

Goodbye, Tess.
Newt.

Tessa stood with Minho, writing Newt with his help. Minho hugged her and they went to join the group.

They're were free now. and they'd be happy.