Burnt House

Inugami's POV

It took only a few seconds of walking but we finally made it to the house itself. The area at the front of it was fenced off and after prying it in, we saw a fountain, more benches, burnt bushes, a dead tree with an easel under it, and what looks like a little river running out through the side. This place would look beautiful if not for the fact that it's burnt to a crisp and looks very omonous.

The manor, even without the burn marks, looks rather old. I guess it's safe to assume that whoever the inhabitants were didn't have all this built in only a few years. The people of the village said that the manor has been here for a long time but they knew nothing of the inhabitants.

In any case, we walked up the stairs and cracked open the doors. It was jammed a bit but once i got it open, the door creaked loudly as i push it.

The first room we entered was a living room of sorts with a large fireplace. Compared to the outside, this room looks particularly burnt. It's safe to assume that the source of the fire that broke out was this fireplace. The room also holds a staircase going up to the second floor but it seems to be burnt off.

Inugami "hmm... well then let's split u-"

Shiki & Akira "NOOOO!!!"

Kabane "no."

Inugami "okay okay jeez..."

Even Kabane is scared huh?

Inugami "we should start somewhere. Look around this room. This room is mostly ash so i don't think we'll find much here. Let's go over there first."

I walked down the hallway to the right with the other three following close behind me. We searched all of the ground floor but didn't seem to find much in drtailing the things that happened here. But there is something odd here. The ground floor that we were able to explore seems much smaller than what we could see outside. There must be something more...

Kabane "hm. Over here."

Kabane called to us from down the coridor so we walked over to him.

Inugami "what is it, found something?"

Kabane "the floor here has scratch marks. This wardrobe's been pushed over to here."

Inugami "huh. Good observation."

Kabane and I pushed the wardrobe to the side and opened up a new section of the house that looks to be mostly untouched by the fire.

The room didn't look out of the ordinary. Following the old european and lavish style that the rest of the house does. Fortunately for us, this room does have stairs going up to the first floor.

Going halfway up the stairs and we came upon a small dresser with a flower pot and two picture frames. The first photo looked to be a very young boy, maybe 8 or 7 and the other was the same boy but a bit older. Maybe 10.

Going further up to the platform, a large painting of a family was hanged on the wall. That same boy was sitting next to his mother on a sofa. A strange fabric toy was o his lap. An old man was standing next to the boy and someone else stood next to the mother. I say 'someone' because whomever they are, the canvas where the face should be has been ripped off, seemingly on purpose.

Akira "i don't like these paintings... i feel like they're looking at me..."

Shiki "they probably are."

Akira "waah! Don't say that!"

Ignoring those two for a bit, i continued forward and got to a door with a name on it.

Inugami "(Y/N)..."

*thud.*

Akira and Shiki screamed as something seemed to drop. I looked behind me and saw that it was one of those picture frames at the dresser.

But this time, no one was near there...

Akira and Shiki begin to freak out even more.

Kabane "maybe it's just the wind."

Shiki "what do you mean 'wind'?! This entire room is closed!"

Kabane "but it is cold here."

As he mentioned it, i finally notice the temparature difference. Outside was still somewhat warm but in this room, it does feel cold.

Inugami "come on. The quicker we finish, the quicker we can go home."

I gripped the doorknob and slowly turned it. As the door opened, i could feel a strange coldness run down my spine making my hair stand on end. Peeking in, it seems we found a bedroom.

Maybe it's just my immagination, but my breath has become... visible....