Chapter 10

Hello Arahabaki speaking 'Hello' Arahabaki thinking or the name of a cursed technique

'Hello' Arahabaki thinking or the name of a cursed technique.
"Hello" Sukuna speaking.
'Hello' thoughts
Hello Ryuu speaking to Arahabaki mentally.

————{☆}————

Loss.

It was a concept Ryuu was far too familiar with. He had lost many people. Too many people. Family, friends and even strangers whom he couldn’t save. The weight of that loss hung heavy on his shoulders. Similar to the titan Atlas who bears the weight of the world on his. However, Ryuu is no titan, he’s just a man. A man that seemed to have drawn the short straw on life.

Better him than someone else, he used to think.

And yet as he gazed upon the unmoving form of his brother – his little brother – laid bare on the cool steel of the morgue examination table he couldn’t help but resent that thought. Why him? Why was it him that had to lose so much? Why couldn’t he just have this one thing? This one thing that wouldn’t leave him?

Guilt.

Yet another concept the eldest -now only- Itadori was familiar with. It was his fault wasn’t it? If he had just said no, said a big fuck you to the elders and got his brother far away from this world, would his brother still be alive? Would he still be in front of him with a smile that could rival the sun on his face and an innocence Ryuu adored twinkling in his brown eyes?

Would Sukuna have killed him?

Gojo looked worriedly at his boyfriend who was seated beside him. The dark haired man had his elbows resting on his knees and was holding his head in his hands, grasping his hair tightly as silent tears streamed down his face. Quite a few times dark tattoos with a hint of red had danced across his skin showing just how sorrowful and guilty he must feel. Gojo had never once actually seen the markings of Arahabaki paint his lover’s skin in their dark colours, he had never seen him not be fully in control of his emotions.

This was unknown territory for the white-haired male and he didn’t know how to fix it. He didn’t even know if he could. With all his power and genius Gojo hadn’t even the slightest idea of how to help his lover and he felt so goddamn weak.

Reaching an arm out he gently wrapped it around Ryuu's shoulders and pulled him towards him, bringing him into a tight embrace. Burying his head into his lovers hair he couldn’t help the tears that gathered in his own eyes -thank God for his blindfold- at the pain his boyfriend was feeling and his inability to do anything about it. Pressing light kisses to the top of Ryuu's head he muttered comfort to the despairing man. Gojo was helpless to stop the hurting but he wasn’t helpless to try and ease it.