Chapter 36 •°•°• Love

Decisions are the hardest move to make,

especially when it's a choice between what you want 

and what is right

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Reader P.O.V

"Sakura, do you even see me as your friend? Or am I your enemy?" 

Her emerald colored eyes widened as I spoke those words. I wanted to ask her that so badly and now I did it. For me it was hard to hear that my best friend betrayed me; even after I asked her if it's alright to date Uchiha Sasuke.

"[name], what are you saying. You are my friend!" she yelled at me, her level of frustration reaching a high point, Naruto gave me a pleading look. He moved his lips and I read them like it's the easiest task; I still have no idea how I did it. Maybe it was the long and strong friendship with the blonde Uzumaki boy that made me do it.
Please, stop. She is your friend.

I did as he told me; or showed me. I stopped, but I wanted an answer. And so I waited for her response. She did not utter a word after her outburst. Despite Naruto and his feelings I spoke nonetheless.

"You know, Sakura, friends are supposed to tell each other everything - especially best friends - we are best friends, right?" Sakura sighed, the relief clearly audible. "Yes, we are. But you know me better than any other person. I don't like to show my weaknesses; share my secrets, but I believe that with you it's different, [name]. We weren't on good terms the first time we met. We argued everyday about who is Ino's best friend. We even argued what flower is the prettiest; now that I think about it, we never came to a result. Anyway, there was just something that held us together and the supposed to be rivalry became a deep friendship. I was the biggest fool for even considering to throw it away. Especially for a jerk who will never see me as more than a fan-girl, or maybe friend, but I guess I screwed that up as well. The only good thing that this damn plan brought was that I finally realized that the one I was always looking for and thought to be Sasuke was always by my side; supporting me, making me laugh, made me feel loved," she ended her speech, her eyes drifting towards certain blonde boy who was oblivious about who she was talking about. She was blushing, madly and I only chuckled.

"Sakura blossoms," I said smiling.

"Huh?"

"Sakura blossoms are the prettiest, no, the most beautiful flowers because they remind me of you and our friendship." I said and approached her, hugging her body, even squeezing her. My mouth neared her ear, I had to suppress a giggle. "Good luck with lil' Sunshine. He doesn't even realize who you were talking about."

"I guess that's another reason why I fell for him. . ."

As we pulled apart I saw Naruto eyeing us suspiciously and I laughed.

"Is everything alright?"

"Forgiven and forgotten, in the end I have to thank you two." I told them and their looked at me confused. I shook my head.

"Uh, nevermind. It's late, you should go home now," I explained looking at the clock. Nearly an hour has passed.

"Yeah, I guess we go now." Naruto said as he and Sakura went over to the door.

"Oh, and Naruto?" I called out to the blonde he turned around and I smiled.
Take care of Sakura.

I mouthed to him and he gave me a thumbs-up.
Maybe he isn't that stupid after all . . .

On the following day; school

I sat in my seat, impatiently waiting for the bell to ring. It's not that the lesson was boring, no,it was quite the opposite, it was interesting for once. I just had this feeling that somebody was waiting for me; somebody special. And I had to tell this someone something.

"Are you alright, [Surname]?" I heard the voice of my Sensei and I looked up, meeting her eyes. I nodded my head.

"I guess. . ." I mumbled, my mind already absent.

"Maybe you should go to the nurse?" She suggested and I shrugged.

"Okay," I agreed and stood up from my seat, walking out of the class.

I went in the direction of the nurse's office, but the sound of running irritated me. Turning around I came face-to-face with the one and only Sasuke Uchiha, ex-boyfriend and best friend of the very me.