Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Glow

*SMUT towards the end*

            Hermione came to consciousness slowly, for once not freezing. The castle was beautiful and stunning, but the cold stone rooms left much to be desired while asleep. She realized her pillow was moving ad she buried her face in it, only to smell mint and expensive cologne. Opening her eyes, she stared out at the expanse of chest she was currently lying on.

"Good morning, beautiful," Draco purred, bringing a hand up to her wild curls and burying it there to massage her head.

Hermione whimpered. She couldn't help it; his fingers felt so good – she didn't know she'd needed a head massage, but now she'd always want one in the morning—blasted man. "Can't get rid of you now... feels too good," she managed to get out, her eyes closed in pleasure.

She felt him chuckle under her cheek. "I could get used to this, darling."

"What, my morning breathe and insane hair?" Hermione stretched her legs out and curled her toes at the unfamiliar soreness in between them.

"Yes, obviously, that's what I'm talking about." Hermione could particularly hear the eye roll. "I meant waking up with you naked in my arms. I also wouldn't mind a repeat of last night."

Flushing, Hermione tried to wiggle out of his arms, suddenly embarrassed by her nakedness.

Draco only tightened his grip, keeping her exactly where she was. "Oh no, you don't."

Hermione stopped squirming and started laughing. "I never pegged you for the cuddling type, love."

Draco flipped her over and held her hands above her head. In between the kisses, he rained down on her neck; he said, "Neither did I. But you bring out a new side of me, darling."

Giggling, Hermione asked, "I do?"

Draco paused and stared down at her. The intensity in his eyes seemed to pin her in place even more so than his hands. "You bring out the best in me. Better than I even believed I was."

Hermione stared up at him, stunned by his declaration. Draco leaned down and kissed her full on the mouth.

Heading to breakfast, Hermione couldn't keep the grin from her face, and neither, it seemed, could Draco. She was feeding off his happiness, and she was sure he was doing the same. They were perfectly content, perfectly in sync.

Ginny and Blaise were waiting for them at their usual table. It only took Ginny a second to look up at them before she screamed, "YOU HAD SEX!"

"Hush!" Hermione whispered. She knew she was beet red. She just knew it. She slid into place next to her friend and laid her head on the table. She knew the teachers had heard. Everyone had heard. If one could die of embarrassment, then she'd be dead.

Draco rubbed her back comfortingly. "It's okay, babe. We were going to tell them anyway."

"Damn straight you were," Blaise chimes in.

Hermione turned her head to look at Draco. "I wasn't planning on telling the whole damn school, though."

"Language Hermione. Fuck!" Ginny cried as Hermione sent a wandless silent stinging hex her way.

"How'd you know?" Hermione asked as she sat up.

Blaise and Ginny exchanged a look and said in unison, "The glow."

Frowning at them, Hermione opened her mouth and then closed it.

"You're positively glowing. Both of you," Ginny said.

Hermione exchanged an amused look with Draco. They both were fighting laughter but refused to give their friends the satisfaction.

"They're doing it again," Blaise huffed.

"Doing what?"

"Talking with your eyes. It's bloody disgusting. Just go shag already," Blaise suggested helpfully.

"We already have this morning, Blaise. If we wouldn't be late for classes, I would-"" Hermione hit Draco in the chest to get him to shut up. She was beet red again. "Damn, woman. Violent much?"

Hermione sent him a withering glare and started filling both their plates. He leaned down and wrapped an arm around her middle. "You know I love you."

She leaned into his embrace. "I know." She pecked him on the cheek.

"I'm so glad we're not like that!" Ginny said, her disgust obvious.

"Same," Blaise agreed.

Draco and Hermione ignored them, each starting on their own plate of food.

Their classes that day were particularly awkward for two reasons: first, all the teachers were giving the duo knowing glances, and second, Draco couldn't keep his hands off her, which meant she struggled to focus. She even got a question wrong because his hand was inching up her thigh under her skirt.

"Would you stop?" She hissed at him.

"No," he smirked. His eyes darkened. "I want you."

Hermione felt a thrill go through her at his words. She felt so powerful, bringing Draco to his knees. She knew at that moment she could ask the world of him, and he'd give it to her on a silver platter.

After potions, Hermione stalled, taking up as much time as possible packing up her bag.

"Hermione. Seriously. A flubberworm moves faster than you."

She raised an eyebrow at Draco but didn't respond. Instead, she took his hand, dragged him out of the lab, inspected the deserted hall, and then pulled him swiftly into a broom cupboard.

"Hermione, what are –" Draco was cut off by Hermione's lips on his. She could feel his surprise, but it didn't stop him from wrapping his arms around her and pulling her flush against him.

He deepened the kiss, groaning as she nipped at his bottom lip. "Hermione," he gasped out.

She pulled back enough to rain kisses down his throat. He ground into her at the same time he ran his hands up under her skirt, cupping her ass.

Smirking, Hermione slowly went to her knees in front of him.

She could feel his gaze on her as he panted, trying to catch his breath. She undid his buckle slowly, ignoring the bulge so close to her face.

"Hermione? You don't have to – I mean it's okay – you don't need –"

Hermione huffed and stopped pulling down his pants and boxers. "Will you shut up, Draco?"

She heard his teeth click shut. Smiling smugly, she returned to what she had been doing. She didn't need light to know how hard he was. Grasping his cock lightly, she licked the precum off the tip experimentally.

Draco groaned. "Darling," he rasped.

Hermione licked her lips and then took his head into her mouth, sucking softly. Dracos hands dove into her hair. He pushed his hips forward slowly, and Hermione allowed more of him to fill her mouth. She started moving her head, slowly at first and then steadily faster until Draco was at the edge of his pleasure.

"Hermione – I'm going to cum – stop."

Ignoring him, she took his cock and swallowed as much as she could, sending him over the edge. She could feel his mind-numbing pleasure, and she shuddered. Swallowing, she sat back on her heels.

Before either of them could say anything, there was a banging on the door.

"Hurry up and get dressed!" Ginny called out.

"Yea, it's lunch time!" Blaise added from the other side of the door.

Hermione leaned forward and rested her head against Draco's thigh. "We didn't cast a silencing charm."

Draco laughed. "We did not. Whoops. Maybe next time."