Chapter 40 : Suspicion

Yue's POV

I groaned from the bed as spirits were chir- Wait , I thought- How did I-

I opened my eyes and found Asch holding my hand and his head on my shoulder. I looked outside the window and found it had kinda been noon by now.

I soon believe he had found me after I collapsed around the flames. I turned and looked at his calm and peaceful sleep position , thinking if it's actually a great chance to finish him off.

I grabbed the spear and point towards his chest , where his heart located. For some reason , I don't have the courage I had back on Dargons or Earth to do this....

My hand seem to be uncontrollable , it stopped me from moving forward to Asch's heart. Suddenly , all those memories,  those arguments , they just spilled all into my head. Why... Why?! Just...why couldn't I kill him?! That's my destiny , my life depends on him!

I shoved the spear back to his diamond decorated holder , putting Asch onto the bed , covering him with my scarf and decided to head for another stroll.

Staring my reflection into the lake where I put for my sprained ankle. I groaned as I laid on the foliage. What is this feeling inside me?! I couldn't grew feelings upon him , could I? If I didn't kill him now , I could've ruin my future. But if I did....

I grabbed the sword and looked at the holder with the knife. I reached out my arm , hesitating if I wanna throw it deep down. From some illu-reasons , I saw 2 alike me on both of my shoulder.

Bold is Angel
Italic is Demon

"Oh , poor girl, why hesitate? Drop the spear and tell him what you feel about him." I looked at the one on my left shoulder , gone a bit blush and heated up. "I-I don't have feelings to him! He's my enemy! I couldn't do so!" "But , look at the face you have when I said so. You clearly had feelings on him." "Oh please , Daemos had abandoned you when you're in a quite young age. This is revenge! You could see them suffer whatever you had in the future!"

"Revenge will bring hatred and you will lose all of your friends , Yue. Think about those good old days when you spent time with the Daemos and Ava." Right now , as I thought about it , that's indeed those good- "You heard what she said , Yue. She said Good Old Days! That's in the past! What if they turned their back against you?" "That's a comprehension mistake!"

I waved my hand , disappearing the 2 gnomes of mine who were about to fight into dust. I looked at the Spear and decide to let fate decide whether it stays or not. As I shoved the knife to my belt and turned , I freaked out as I saw Asch behind me earlier.

"You had feelings on him?" "W-Who are you talking about? I could never har feelings on some jerks especially something like you." I said with my arms crossed , "Now get far away from me , royal pain. The smell of royalty was disgusting." I said while pushed Asch afar.

But he instead grabbed my wrist , start walking back to the castle. "W-What are you doing?!""It has been the 90 degree of the sun , the others has been worried since you gone lost." "Oh please , it just been a half of the sun since I got lost. Why are you being so motherly?"

Asch looked away from me and continued dragging me like a rag doll.

"YyYyYyYuUuUuUeEeEeEeE!!!!!!!" Right I could react to anything , Midnight had make a hug attack , in order to welcome me back. "Quit it , Midnight , it had been just a half of the day since I was gone." I petted his head and drag him up from my lap.

"Yue , you good?" I looked at Ava who's in a female Daemos knight outfit. "Yeah , I'm always , I couldn't be better." "Yeah , indeed she was , the one who passed through the jimsonweeds and cause illusion and panic atta-" I quickly hit his chest with my elbow , shutting him up.