Talk about it

Eventually, we met up with Barbara and Cislo. We had to find the third group that set out a well which was Don, Gilda, and Zack. They were happy to see me as I was happy to see them. I didn't talk much the rest of the way back, I only tried to get as much sleep as possible while riding one of the horses with Ray. 

Every step we took walking away, the more I wished I could have at least given that poor boy a proper burial. Yet maybe if I at least tried, Norman might've stopped me. I knew Norman and his friends from Lambda hated demons, but now I know to an extent just how much that hatred really is. 

By the time we returned everyone gave me hugs, I loved it of course, but I was exhausted. Somewhere along the ride back I grew very sick again. It was hard to walk and stand for very long so Gilda took me to the infirmary, meaning Anna is going to be taking care of me for a while until I get better. 

I hope maybe someone has noticed my terrible mood. Every time I think about Lethabo and his family I feel sick to my stomach like it's my fault they're all dead now. 

-

"Emma, Norman, and Ray are here to see you," Anna informed me. 

"I don't feel like talking to them right now," I buried myself in the bedsheets.

"Oh, I see. I'll figure something out,"

---

Anna came out, shutting the door behind her.

"Emma's not doing too well right now, maybe you should come back later," she told us in a calmed voice. 

I sighed heavily, "Fine, but can you let us know when she's feeling better?" 

"I will,"

"Alright then, Ray's going to go get dinner started. I'll be in my office if you need me," 

"Of course, see you around," 

"Bye, Anna," Ray waved to her.  

"Bye," I heard her walk back into the infirmary. 

I don't know what those demons did to her to make her so sick. Normally I'm the one to be sick, Emma has always had a strong immune system. It hurts to see her like this. 

Everything will be a lot easier after we demolish the demons. In case there's a chance she still pities the demons, I won't be telling Emma about it. I'll keep our plan on the down-low. Not many people are aware of it. The plan will have to take action soon so I can get it done while Emma's still sick. 

The first place we strike would be the palace to take out the royals and regents. But first I need to make a deal. 

-

"Ray, I'll be heading out soon. Likely I'll be back in 2 days,"

"Okay. Stay safe, Norman,"

"Don't worry, I'll be just fine," 

We hugged for a hot minute, then he told me just before I walked out the door, 

"Are you going to say bye to Emma?"

I looked over my shoulder at him, "She's asleep right now, I'll tell her what's happening when I get back,"

"No, you won't," 

I stayed quiet for a moment, then left, shutting the door behind me.

---

Norman is planning on keeping secrets from Emma again. I would tell her but I don't think she wants to talk to me, not really sure why though. Anyone would think she's only exhausted and sick but I can tell there's a lot more than that going on. Is she still sad over that demon kid? It was going to eat her anyway.