CHAPTER - 9

Dear readers,

I am planning to reupload my story "That is my only fault", how many are excited for it?

ADIDEV'S POV

I was so nervous myself when I proposed my girl Kiru. If someone has said to me a week back that I will propose a girl in a cheesy way then I would laughed like a maniac stating that it will never ever happen in my life. But today, here I am, the so called great Adidev Khurana is kneeling down in front of my Jhansi Rani for her answer. My knees started paining, I mean I have never ever got even kneeling down as a punishment in my life.

"Kiru, can you say quick? My kneels are paining", I whispered so that only she can hear. I don't want to embarrass myself infront of Veena and Arjun.

"No", Kiru said. Did I hear properly?

"Did you say No to my proposal?", I questioned her.

"Yes", she said.

"She is saying idiot", Veena shouted.

"I said no only. What I meant was yes, I said no for your proposal", Kiru said which was quite confusing. We all three looked at her puzzled.

"I am refusing your proposal as far now Dev", Kiru said at last.

"Kira, have you gone insane? A handsome, well educated, caring, etc., etc., guy is proposing you and you are refusing his proposal", Veena shouted at her. "What do you mean by as far now?", Arjun questioned her.

"I am happy that atleast two persons in this room has mental stability", Kiru said taking a long breathe. So she is considering me in the mental stability list, I smiled thinking that.

"Don't be over happy Mister. I was mentioning myself and Arjun Anna not you. We are two people in the room", she said and sat in the couch.

"You are right Anna, I can't say yes to him blindly. First, I want to meet his family. Marriage is not about two people alone. It is about two families as well. Especially as a girl, my groom's family is going to mean a lot to me. I am not a girl who likes to live alone with my husband. I want my in-laws with me all the time. I may sound like an oldie but having elders makes a life lot easier. We younger generation tend to lose it. In that case, I want to know how his parents are? I am happy that he is in a joint family that's like a bonus. In that case, I want to know about each and every member of that family. Many people thinks just two hearts decides a marriage. Two hearts are required to love but for a marriage and a successful family, you need people with whom you can share your happiness and sadness. I can't share everything with Dev. Sometimes, I need my mother-in-law with whom I can share woman's things. I need a fatherly figure with whom I can get the same affection as my dad. I want a sister with whom I can share my thoughts and views. Also not to forget, I want to spend some time with Niharika too, a kid can take any worried and make us smile. So, after knowing his family, I will tell my decision. Till that you are in waiting list Mister Adidev Khurana", Kirati stopped after her thoughts about family.

Today, my respect for her increased a bit more. I always wanted a wife who loves my family first. I think god listened to my prayers. When Shubhu got married to Prem bro, I was happy not only because she is my friend but also she loves my family. That is the main reason why she loved Prem bro. And today I am seeing the same mentality in Kiru.

"Ok then, get ready to meet your in-laws and also for visiting your future home wifey to be", saying this I winked at her.

"Get ready?", she looked at me weirdly.

"Well, you want to know my family right? Then get ready. We are going to meet your family soon to be. Come on, go and get ready. I will call and inform my parents that their future daughter-in-law is going to inspect them", I pushed her inside her room to get her ready.

Arjun and Veena looked at me as if seeing a mad man.

"Are you really sure about this?", Arjun asked me. I nodded him affirmatively.

"See Adi, I didn't tell anything infront of Kira because I don't want to get her panic. But whatever happened is not right. She is in a trauma that is for sure. She may look like strong from outside but from inside she is broken. Please, I don't want her to suffer at any cost. Being an orphan, she showered me with her love and even she gave me her family. Not even once in these many years living with her made me feel alone. She is an angel. Kindly don't play with her feelings. I know you are Arjun's friend but I can't take risk with my friend's life too. I hope your family will treat her good.", Veena spoke her thoughts. Kirati is full of surprises, I don't know how in this era this girl is living. She has a pure heart.

"I promise you Veena, I will take care of her like flower. Moreover, I should be the one who should seek help from you both to save my life from this Jhansi Rani", I told them to calm down the situation. They both smiled.

KIRATI'S POV

This guy sent me inside the room. I got freshen up and came back to my cupboard. What should I wear? I don't know anything about them, except that they are extremely rich. I am definitely not wearing a saree, I am not really fond of jeans too. Let me wear a good salwar. That will be good. I took a sandal and white salwar which suits me well. I always love this combination. The color also gives good vibration. My parents used to tell me not to wear black when we are visiting a person's house for first time or in any auspicious occasions. Though I am not a believer of these things, but still some colors do give good vibes. I wore my salwar and wore gold earrings which I always wore actually. I buttoned up my bracelet and watch. Now, I am ready to go.

I came out and there I saw Arjun Anna, Dev and Veena were having coffee. They turned their gaze towards me.

"Woww, you look pretty sweetheart. Exactly looking a typical homely daughter-in-law. I am sure Adi's family is going to love you", she came and hugged me tight.

"They are going to show your charms my baby", Veena whispered in my ears. I blushed.

"All the best Kira. I am sure Khuranas are going to fall for you", Arjun Anna said.

"Actually, Khuranas should make Kiru fall for them", Dev corrected them.

"You guys are going to have a hard time. My Kira is a hard nut to crack", Veena said.

"All the best to the Khuranas", Arjun Anna said and patted Dev's back.

We both left for Khurana Mansion as Veena stayed back in the flat with her fiancé.

Less than thirty minutes we reached the mansion. On the way, Dev did say somethings about his family. But still, seeing people personally is different.

My question is "How will be the Khuranas?"... let's see...

TO KNOW MORE, KEEP READING...

DO VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR VIEWS ABOUT IT...

NEXT UPDATE WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY....

FOLLOW ME FOR REGULAR UPDATES...

STAY HOME AND STAY SAFE...