Q & A

a/n:
this q&a is dedicated to @aaminna123, @lilyprongs_ mansikapoor7, binthrazmy, sanae_9124, and ladyjeee01 for their love and dedication to this story.

. . .

. . .

~
"In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful."
~

About the story

What was Sameer's role in the story?

Initially, I had intended for Sameer to just be Zoya's scared secretary ( but we have Farhan Malik for that :P ). Yet as the story progressed, I found Sameer to possess headstrong qualities that Zoya needed to see. Although initially he just did as he was told by Zoya, later he began to develop a better understanding of the person he was around her versus who he wanted to be (like when he refused to give Sumaiya and Zaki's relationship info to the journalists, which was a major step for him). He grew to become unafraid of calling Zoya out for her actions and remained the strict, tough support that she needed.

Although I do not condone male/female friendships since there is no Islamic basis of them, the unspoken bond between Zoya and Sameer was important to show because on the one hand she had Haroun (who always took the gentle approach with her) and on the other hand she had people like Farhan (who were scared of standing up to her), so she needed somebody like Sameer.

How did Sumaiya and Haroun get engaged?

Sumaiya and Haroun's engagement was mainly orchestrated by Zaki Ahmed, who wanted to rile Zoya since he observed how important Haroun was to her. Zaki threatened Sumaiya's reputation and ordered her to use whatever means she could to get engaged to Haroun.

Where is Zoya's father throughout the story?

This has been a very common question, actually.

Zoya's mother passed away giving birth to her in the labor room. Zameer — Zoya's father — lost a wife who was very beloved to him. So, forced to raise Zoya alone, he tried but failed to hide his resentment of her because he saw Zoya as the indirect reason behind his wife's death.

When Zoya got married the first time, it was because her father suggested Farhan to her and she agreed because she wanted to get close to her father. Then, when Zameer found out what kind of person Farhan was, he became so embarrassed at choosing that man for his daughter that he fled. This guilt — coupled with the lifelong bitterness of raising a daughter who constantly reminded him of his wife — was what caused him to stay hidden and away from Zoya until his death.