Chapter 21

Skylar's POV

"Congratulations , Sam!...Yes of course I'll be there , even for a day...I would love to meet the little angel...Okay , see you soon!"

Samantha and James are blessed with a girl! I'm too excited to go there and meet her. But there's only one problem. 

Him.

I cannot see him. I don't want to see him. The starting was difficult , forgetting him and immersing myself in work. It was even harder for me to concentrate.But I was so mad at him. Mad at him for not trusting me. Mad at him for not listening to me. Mad at him for asking me to leave.

I had promised myself that even if I bumped into him there somehow, I'll ignore him and not listen to a single word. No matter what he says or what he does, he had his chance to listen to me and now he has lost it.

"Darling, I'm coming in!" Bernie waltzed into my cabin. He was the most cheerful person I've met here and probably the closest too. I love his energy and the way he helps me out.Too bad he wasn't straight or every girl would be dying to be with him with his gorgeous looks and a great personality, something that is really rare.

"Hey, Bernie! What brings you here so early?"

He dramatically put a hand on his chest and gasped."Did you forget about the  FAB?" I quirked a brow in question, he deflates, "Founder's Annual Ball."

"Of course I haven't forgotten about it. I have been a bit busy." Between juggling the Burke project and handling everything at the new job, it's been hectic but at least it has kept me occupied.

"Well, you cannot afford to be busy. You need to select a dress, decide on makeup and find a date! It's almost here, the next week!"

"Calm down Bernie. I already have a dress and I told youI won't bring a date I'll be bringing my cousin as a plus one."

"Hmmm, fine."

"Also, I'll be flying out to the States for a day. "

"Tell me you're kidding."

"A close friend of mine just had a baby and I want to go see her."

"Awww, congratulations to her.But promise me you'll be back in a day."

"I promise."He just smiled and went out.

That evening I packed up a single bag as I had to catch the morning flight and be back here by night.I just hope my biggest apprehension of seeing him there doesn't come true.

"So all packed up?" Em asked as she brought out the dinner.She has been so understanding with me for the past week.

"Yes." 

"Are you sure? I mean what if-"

"Em, please." She knew I did not want to talk about it so she dropped it.

--*--

I took in a deep breath as I took in the Hawaii breeze, it's so good to be here.I was having flashbacks the entire flight here but I somewhat succeeded in pushing them away as it brought back nothing but pain.

Finally knocking on Sam's door, "Surprise!" I whispered yelled as I saw the little girl lying in her arms.

"Sky?! Oh god it's so good to see you!"She hugged me with one hand.

"I know." I hugged her back. It was so familiar.

"But I thought you'll be here by evening, that's when Ethan will arrive." She closed the door as I made my way inside.