𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

Secrets - One Republic

-

No. No. Don't do this. Don't come near me. I don't want you to touch me.

"Go away." I woke up.

" What? Did you have a nightmare? "

"Yes "

"It's okay now. You don't have to be scared anymore. I am here. " He said while embracing me in his long arms. It was so warm. I felt protected. A feeling which was forever unknown to me.

Why is he being so kind to me? Even after everything. He even protected me. He could have got hurt. All because of me.

"Last night.. "

Yes last night. I need to tell him about my brother. I am sure he'll try to harm Seojun. He needs to know the truth.

I don't know what he'll think about me. But even if he goes away from me or hates me, I need to make sure he's safe. Even if it's when he's away from me.

"I need to talk to you about something. Can we talk? "

" Sure. Let's talk while having breakfast. It's ready. You can come down after getting freshened up. Okay?"

"Ok"

After having my bath, I wore my favourite baggy shorts and the loosest t- shirt I could find in my closest.

Yes I like to wear loose clothes, especially at home. Go ahead and judge.

I went to the kitchen.

"Sit down"

" Last night. That man. He was my big brother "

Brother? That jerk was his brother? Why was he harrasing him then? Is their any bad blood between them?

" I know what you might be thinking. Yeah your right. We don't get along"

I knew it.

" But there's more to it."

"What is it? "

" I was 4 years old when my brother started going berserk. He was getting depressed and was being suicidal. He had major anger issues which was why everything became worse. He used to beat our mom when he got angry. It was mainly to suppress my father so he would remain silent. He knew that my father could never let her get hurt. So he used that to control him."

" But it wasn't only that. He used to beat me as well. With everything that was infront of him. He threatened me everytime. I couldn't understand what was happening. I used to cry all night thinking what would happen to me the next day. "

" Years after years, he tortured me. He wanted me to die but his hatred terrorised me to a corner. I wanted to leave that house but couldn't. It was like his presence was suffocating me to the core"

" He used everything to destroy me. From when I was a child to when I grew up. I can tell you only this that he's a psycho. He's more than just dangerous. His mind is way beyond us."

"So you need to be careful. Although I left that house, he still haunts me. But I never expected him to come here. "

"He has seen you. So you need to be careful. He will hurt anybody I care about. He has always. So even if you have to go away from me, it's okay. You need to be safe and careful. Do you understand? "

" You have been going through so much alone. Why? Why didn't your parents try to protect you? Why didn't they take you away? "

Why is my heart hurting? It feels like chest is going to burst. He suffered all these years but I didn't know anything. I even acted like a  complete jerk that day. I threw you away just like the others. Why did I do that?

Why wasn't there anybody for you when you cried at night?

Why? Why did you suffer alone? When you could have been happy, why did you have to grow through all this when it was not your fault?

Why is his face like that? What is he thinking?

He held my hand and pulled me towards his. I could feel his chest against my head. His heartbeat. I could hear it. It was fast yet calm.

"Don't worry about me.. I am there for you.. So you can share your burdens with me.."

"But he-"

"Shhh-"

He held my cheeks with his hands.

"No matter what happens, I won't leave you. So don't ask me to. I'll be here beside you."

"You can cry infront of me. You can be happy. Do whatever you wish. But don't push me away. Don't be alone"

This.

I am sorry. This is just a part of my scar, a little secret that you had to know. But I can't tell you everything. The entire truth is just too dark for you. You'll really go away then.

Let me be selfish once. Let me be with you while I can.

Please.

I hope you'll forgive me someday. For my selfishness.

" 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧. 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲. "