𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛

Numb - Linkin Park

-

" Let's go. I am ready"

"Yes"

I don't know whether this is right or not. But I feel so safe around him.

" Let's go. We'll be late for school. Stop daydreaming"

"Sorry. Sorry.. Let's go"

~

After finishing school

" Mom asked me to stay with you for a few days. She told me that it's not safe for you to stay alone. I know you don't like to stay in anyone's house so she suggested this. I hope you don't have any problems? "

" No. No. You don't have to worry so much. I don't wanna be a burden on you. Please tell Ajhumma that I am okay"

" You are not a burden. Let's go home"

I was always a burden. I doubted my existence every step of the way.

But it feels good that someone feels different.

"Yes. Let's go home"

Suddenly a message popped on my screen.

Dad

---- Come home for dinner. Today. Don't make excuses.

--- I should be able to see you on the dinner table by 8pm sharp.

Doesn't he get tired of controlling me? Even after all these years, he's still like this. Doesn't he get tired of suffocating me?

He still wants to-

No. Calm down. It's just a dinner. Nothing else. I'll come back after finishing. Don't talk much. Don't let them get on your nerves. Suho, you can do it.

" I have to go home. Something came up. I wont have dinner at home. I'll be back by 10 probably. You can go back to your home if you-"

" I'll wait for you to come back. "

Wait for me to come back?

"Ok" I said with a smile.

I booked a cab and asked the driver to go to the S. L district.

After reaching, I could see the dim lights of the house.

A house big enough for people to live comfortably but it was nothing more than a prison. A place I never wanted to go back to.

A place where I died everyday. Darkness and loneliness were the only things you could get here.

Every night, those monsters-

No. Stop. Let's go in and go back home as soon as this is done. Seojun must be waiting.

I went in. No one was there as usual. It's been a long time since I came here but the wounds are still fresh. But I have to be strong.

" Sit. "

I turned back to face the direction from which the voice came. Speak of the devil.

Father.

" You are late. It's 8:30. You still haven't learnt to do things at the right time. It's because you have got too much freedom. Haven't I told you not to make others wait for you? "

This. It hasn't even been a few minutes. And he started this. It's so suffocating. I want to go home. Ok, calm down.

" Sorry. I got late due to the traffic. "

" Eat your dinner. Everyone's waiting. "

I went to the dinner table and sat on one of the chair. Father sat at the middle while that jerk sat opposite to me. I hate this. I don't wanna see him.

This brings back memories. I don't want to be here. God!

After a while , father spoke up.

" Come back to the house and stay here. "

" What? " I choked on my food. 

" You have had a lot of fun. It's time for you to learn. Here. This freedom is spoiling you. You'll stay here from tomorrow. No going to that house. School and straight home"

No. No. I won't ever come back to this house. He's trying to lock me here again. I can't let this happen. I- I wont. I am not a kid anymore.

He can- cannot do this to me. He can't torture me like this. I can't. No- noo.. He's trying to control my life. Again.. He's a monster.. He has always been.. Like this.. I can't come back here.

No I need to speak up. You cannot be quiet. Your not that little immature kid anymore. Your not living on his money. You are not dependent on him. So speak up.

But I could feel my hands trembling.

" N- No.. I won't stay here"

"What? What did you just say? "

" I- I said that I won't stay here. I am not living on your money. That house is mine. You can't control my life. I am going"

I left the chair and was about to go.

" Come back here"

He held my hand and I could feel a sharp pain on the left side of my face.

He slapped me.

I couldn't think straight. I tried to get away and pushed him. I ran outside the house. I could hear him shouting. But I didn't look back. I never will

I couldn't breathe. My body felt so numb

I need to get home. Somehow.

" 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠"