Chapter 15

It was a strange thing, to be see the animatronic driving. It was terrifying, actually. "Are you sure that you know what you're doing?" Panic seemed to be a dominate emotion for me.

"You don't have to worry." Foxy glanced over to me for a second, then moved his eyes back to the road.

"Someone is going to see you." I glanced out at the cars on the opposite side of the road. Some of the other drivers were doing double takes. "Never mind. They are seeing you. You are going to cause a wreck."

"I don't care."

I huffed and glared out of the passenger side window, getting lost in my own thoughts.

I was confused, to say the least. They had told me that I had waken up from a coma, and that whatever I had seen and done was only a dream. But that was the problem. It had felt as real as what I was doing right now. How was I to know that this wasn't a dream, and that after I woke up from this, I would be back to where I was when I ran?

And there was another matter. Foxy had been saying something to Freddy before I woke up. "I already had to..." He had to what? He obviously didn't want me to know what he did, or he wouldn't have stopped talking as soon as he realized that I was awake.

Maybe that's why he was suddenly being so nice to me. It's like he was putting on this act to keep me from knowing something.

"Foxy?" I caught his attention. "I have a question."

"What is it?" We were nearing where I lived now. It felt strange. I wanted to get away. I had gotten away.

It was only a dream.

"Why are you being nice?" I looked down at my lap, hoping that it would have the answers that I needed. "I mean, you were just awful to me before, and now, all of a sudden, you're just..." I sighed.

It was quiet in the car for the rest of the ride home. I didn't expect him to say anything at all, and to just ignore my question, but when we pulled into the driveway, he spoke. "I guess I don't like my things being broken."

Another sigh left my mouth. "I am not an object, let alone yours. And even if I was an object, it's your fault in the first place I got hurt."

Foxy opened the car door angrily, and I could hear it creaking in protest. I cowered as he stomped his way over to me, threw the door open, and grabbed me.

I struggled against his grip, trying to drown out the pain that was radiating from my abdomen. As soon as he opened the front door to my house, he threw me in.

"You ARE mine. I have been protecting you, caring for you!" He shrieked at me. His whole nice charade gone. "Insolent brat! This was your fate! As soon as you walked through the curtains, there was no other way for you."

I scrabbled to my feet and ran to my room. Panic was definitely the dominate emotion for today.