a little while.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.

—❝ OH, DON'T YOU SEE IT NOW? I'M STAYING FOR A LITTLE WHILE ❞

OH, DON'T YOU SEE IT NOW?
I'M STAYING FOR A LITTLE WHILE

The door that stood as a physical barrier between them was the only thing that held her back, pausing with her fist raised in the air prepared to knock, suddenly finding it harder to breathe.

What was she doing here? After all those missed opportunities, all that strength it took to even step away from him for a bit, Olivia was all it took to break her stride.

Because it was more than just that one conversation. It was multiple little jabs she seemed to be throwing her way, making it known that she was slithering her way between them.

In the short week since Olivia first casually mentioned her and Finn hanging out, she had been tossing his name around more and more around her. She would brush it off with some light joke and a fake smile before immediately texting him, almost as if to make sure he was still there for her. But it didn't matter if Millie was trying to get his attention with a text or short phone calls in between her mall trips and movie nights. Even then, Olivia's presence was weighing over them.

No matter how hard she tried to veer away from any mention of her, somehow, everything went back to Olivia in some way. Whether it was some funny comment she made, something that teasingly annoyed him (Olivia said this, Olivia said that), her name was never far away.

If Millie had felt something off about Olivia before, that suspicion had gone off and turned into a deep envious hatred. That girl was trying to steal Finn away, and with all that time Millie was spending trying to keep her distance, she was practically pushing him into Olivia's eagerly awaiting arms.

Still, even as she was pushed to her limit of worry that she could lose him to her at any second, something was holding her back just inches away from his bedroom door.

Maybe she shouldn't be here. She shouldn't be around him. As much as it pained her to be apart, being near him would eventually only rip her to shreds.

It was selfish, everything she did to stay away because of whatever that kiss flared up. Something so simple done without any second thought, it shook everything out of balance.

It was hard enough to stay away, and somehow she felt it'd be even worse to be close.

Millie wasn't even sure what to tell him if he asked her why she had been gone so often. There really was no good reason for it, not even for herself. The truth was, she so desperately yearned for him, but she feared that yearning was growing into something else.