only in the west.

CHAPTER SEVEN.

—❝ WON'T LIVE LIFE UNLESS IT'S FAST ❞

WON'T LIVE LIFE
UNLESS IT'S FAST

"So, why are you here?" Lilia asked, setting down a glass of freshly made lemonade along the nightstand beside Finn.

The blonde moved aside to occupy the empty space of the bed across from him, crossing one leg over the other as she took a sip from her metal straw. She quirked a brow towards the boy expectantly as he seemed to prolong his silence.

Finn sat up straighter, situating himself more comfortably as he reached out for the glass of lemonade, dragging his finger along the rim leisurely. Though he had wanted to avoid the topic, he knew Lilia needed some sort of answer for his sudden appearance when she hadn't seen nor heard from him in months.

To answer her question, he simply uttered two words: "My dad."

Lilia sighed softly, brows pinched together in a frown. "Oh."

"Yeah." He shrugged indifferently before taking a long drink of the refreshing lemonade, scooting his back against the headboard behind him.

It was pretty self explanatory. He didn't need to tell Lilia much in order for her to understand. She knew Eric and Finn were on some rocky territory with one another as of lately. It was something they could both relate to with their families.

Though the two had never been so close, their friendship was the closest to whatever Finn shared with Caleb. Except they understood each other on a certain level that Caleb didn't. Whereas he had a family that hadn't fallen apart, they were the opposite.

Lilia never talked much about her own, but Finn knew well enough to be fine with his unanswered questions. Well, he also knew not to even ask questions. She wasn't as open as he could be. Nobody even really knew about their friendship since she preferred to remain hidden.

"So that's still going on?" Lilia sighed, frowning at the thought of poor Mary completely clueless to her husband.

Finn snorted lightly. "Yup. He says he's working, but—" He shook his head, sick to his stomach at the thought of the truth. "It's all a fucking lie, as usual."

Lilia pouted, scooting a bit closer to place a comforting hand along his knee. "Finn, I'm sorry about that. I know it's tough."

"No, I'm sorry, Lilia." Finn's eyes drifted away from his friend. "I shouldn't have— I shouldn't have came here and brought my problems when—"