Chapter 2

Hermione didn't know what to say, the only word that came out of her mouth was "yes" not looking at Draco she paid for Fred's books and left the shop holding Fred's hand.

Draco ran out of the shop after them "Hermione, how could you not tell me" he said while grabbing her shoulder. "I am not discussing this with you here" she whispered. "Okay I get that, but can I come to get his stuff with you, please Hermione I've only just got him".

Hermione gave him a understanding look "its not my decision", they both looked at Fred, who was looking and listening to their conversation "I only have my wand to get now, come on" Fred excitedly said while grabbing Draco's hand and dragging him to Olivanders, leaving a laughing Hermione behind.

All three of them left Olivanders and make their way to the nearest cafe "you didn't have to buy his wand Draco" Hermione said looking at a excited Fred holding his wand. "It was the least I could do, I mean I have 11 years to make up for" Hermione looked at Draco 'wow he is taking this really well' she thought to herself.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was a couple of days later and Hermione and Draco were seeing Fred off to Hogwarts. Fred hugged both Hermione and Draco "bye mum, bye Draco" Fred said before jumping on the train. Once the train was pulling away Draco put his face closer to Hermione's "so my place or yours?", Hermione looked at him in shock. She had to blink a couple of times before replying "w-what?", "to talk, mine or yours?".

Hermione wanted to slap herself in the face "Oh.. mine?, I'm not going back to Malfoy Manor after what happened with your aunt", "okay yours it is".

Once Draco and Hermione got to her flat and shut the front door, Draco finally snapped "HOW COULD YOU KEEP MY SON FROM ME, FOR 11 YEARS GRANGER" Hermione looked at him "right 1. Our son 2. You had gone into hiding and I couldn't find you so I gave up looking when Fred was 5 and thirdly Back to last names now are we".

"Yes we are, I only called you Hermione around OUR, son. The reason I went into hiding is because some death eaters were after me for helping Potter during the battle, when I found out we were in Azkaban I came back, I did it to protect my mum" Draco said then sat down on the sofa and started crying.

"I didn't think, how is your mum?" Hermione said sitting down beside Draco and rubbing his back. Draco lifted his head at the sudden touch "doing a lot better now that my father is in Azkaban and not controlling her".

"I'm sorry Draco, I did tell him about you, he's hoping he gets into Slytherin like you".

"Well if he's anything like me he will" Draco smirked, "oh there's the famous smirk I remember" Hermione said shaking her head, "I have no idea what your talking about" Hermione just laughed.

The rest of day was spent with Hermione telling Draco all about Fred.

-------------------------------------------------------------

2 days later Draco got woken up by one of his house elfs "Master Draco, Miss Granger is downstairs waiting for you", "okay Winky I will be down soon, thank you for informing me" Draco said while getting out of bed.

"Really, Hermione waking me up this early" Draco said scratching his head. "Draco it's half 11", "yeah early". Hermione just gave him a look of 'are you serious' "I just thought you might want to read Fred's letter together".

Dear Mum and Draco
I love it here, everyone is really nice. I got into Slytherin just like Draco, I made a friend Scott Zabini, he said he knows Draco, my favourite class is Potions. I have to go, me and Scott are going down to breakfast.

Love Fred x.

"That's my boy" Draco smirked, Hermione slapped him on the arm at his comment.