Chapter Two: Welcome To The Manor

Every bone in Fred Weasleys body was filled with guilt. He didn't realize he had affected her that badly. She always seemed so cold and uncaring, so much so that he had forgotten what he did might have hurt. To him, they were harmless pranks to get a girls attention, but obviously not. The first time she had screamed at him was after her brother had come to Hogwarts and had threatened to tell his father on Harry. Fred had just laughed and mocked her by saying, 'What are you going to do? Go tell daddy?' That had really struck a nerve.

It then came to him. This vacation was his opportunity. This was his opportunity to make it up to her and even more. Or, he had hoped for more. It wouldn't be easy and he knew that. Not just because of her obvious hatred for the man, but because he knew she was different. Although she appeared as if she couldn't care less about anyone including herself, there was one moment that Fred remembers clear as day to show that that isn't true. She's not like her father, or her mother. 

Dierdre stopped walking when the path seemed to come to a sudden stop. The six looked confused.

"Um, where's the house?" Ron asked bluntly, and Dierdre's eyes widened.

"Oh! That's right, you all cannot see it. I put a cloaking spell on it so that only I and those who I allow to see it. Without the proper permission, you could keep walking as though it isn't even there."

Hermiones eyes sparkled in awe, "I remember you working on something like this. You said it was a spell, correct? What's the spell or word that allows us to see it? It's so advanced, even for people our own age. It's amazing that you've managed to do this. Would you show me? How did you manage to make a spell of your own? Then again, spells did have to come from somewhere, so it's only natural that someone as powerful as you could do this."

Dierdre smiled a bit at Hermiones ranting, and started, "It's nothing like that actually. There is no special word or counter spell. I have to give you permission by doing something slightly... Invasive. I hope I do make any of you uncomfortable. Would any of you like to be first?"

"I would." Fred grinned, and she rolled her eyes.

"Anyone else?"

George stepped forwards, "I'll do it."

She smiled sweetly at him, "Thank you, George." 

She walked towards them, and everyone watched her curiously as to see what she would do. Except Fred, who was glaring at his twin. Dierdre took a small pin out of her pocket, and stabbed it into her finger. It was a swift movement, and as quickly as the pin was taken out, it was away. What was left was her index finger tip, which had a drop of fresh blood on it.

"Now, put this in your mouth." Her voice was dead serious, and everyone's eyes widened, and George's face turned bright red, "You have to have my blood in your body. If you would like, I could drip it into your eye like I did my brother."

He shook his head, his smile returning to his red cheeks, "Nah, it's okay." He took her hand and lifted it up to his face, so close she could feel George's breath on her finger tip, "I just...?"

She nodded, "Yep."

And with that, he put her finger in his mouth, and then took it out. She wiped off her finger, and moved onto Hermione, a drop of blood once again on her finger. Hermione's eyes were sparkling with interest. As soon as she had taken Dierdre's finger out of her mouth, she inquired, "How do you use blood with spells not just potions?"

After shoving her finger into Ron's mouth Dierdre smiled, "I can show you tomorrow if you'd like."

"I'd love that!" Hermione beamed.