Lack of Sense

The day passed by without any further incident - A couple of glances in the hallways here and there, but nothing like what Skara had expected throughout the day. Nothing that she could even be certain was related to her breakup with Ves. For all she knew, they just noticed how much of an exhausted mess she looked.

None of her classes were able to fully capture her attention. Half the time she would stare off into space, and the other half staring blankly at her stationary, trying to summon the effort to write something down, or do the basic arithmetic in her head, or at least try to focus on what her teachers were saying.

Her mind was too full of jumbled thoughts to do that though, even worse than it had been that morning. The lack of sleep also piled on, making it even harder to focus. And with all of that merging into one big blob of thoughts and feelings and just... Things weighing on her mind, time felt like it had slowed down to a crawl, and she spent the entire day just waiting for classes to end so she could go home and pass out.

When the final bell of the day eventually arrived with it's normal scream, it took Skara a second to actually realize it had gone off, only noticing that it was time to go as her classmates started to pack their things up to go home. A sigh escaped her.

"Thank the Titan." She muttered, dragging all her belongings into her bag in an unkempt and undignified manner, slinging it over her shoulder, and quickly making her way out the door and into the corridors. The sooner she was away from Hexside, the better.

She made her way around the groups that formed in the hallways as people met with their friends, stepping in between and around anyone who got in front of her, and turning corners as sharply as she could. Somehow, she could feel that at least a few people were giving her funny looks, but she wasn't in anything even approximating a good enough mental state to care. She just wanted to sleep at this point.

As she turned another corner sharply, Skara caught a brief flash of colours in the shape of a witch. On instinct, she and the other person both skidded to a halt.

"Hey, watch it!" The other person snapped - Skara recognized the voice before she had even looked up to see their face - Boscha. When they registered one another, Boscha's face relaxed from one of anger, to a scowl or mild annoyance. "Oh, there you are."

"Oh - Hey. Sorry, I -"

"There you are, Skara! We were just about to start looking for you!"

Behind the Potions Witch, Amelia - Who's voice the Bard had heard - and Cat were in tandem, and all three of them were wearing their Grudgby uniforms. Skara blinked a couple of times, and then she realized that after everything that had happened the last few days, she had completely forgotten - Today was supposed to be Grudgby practice.

Possibly the absolute last thing that she wanted to be doing right now.

"Where's your gear?" Boscha asked, flatly. Her eyes narrowed as she glanced at Skara's school uniform, like it was suspicious that she hadn't already changed.

"I er..." Skara floundered for a moment, and for a brief second she felt like she needed to come up with an excuse. She settled down after about half a second though, and realized that she didn't need to lie about anything. "I... Honestly I'm... Not feeling too great. I was gonna just go home and sleep."

Boscha's left eyebrow raised. Behind her, Cat just shrugged. "I told you she probably wasn't gonna be up for it today."

The Potions Witch turned around and gave Bo a look that Skara couldn't see, but knew perfectly well. Bo seemed to shrink, and turned away from the team captain. Turning back to Skara, Boscha raised her eyebrow again, like she was inspecting the other girl a second time, before letting out the smallest of sighs.