Rich Boy

"hahaha, I wouldn't take you for a joker." Your laugh was a bit awkward but otherwise completely real.

"It is not a joke, it is to make up for my rude behavior." This guy is actually serious, this can't be real. This has to be a dream, you were just not lucky enough to have a attractive guy bump into you then, as a sorry, offer you an expensive present as a gift. That thing didn't happen in real life and it certainly didn't happen to you.

You secretly pinch your arm only to find out that this was indeed real. Free phonograph or not you would not take anything from this man. Even if he looked to be be a respectable man, you would not take a chance.

"Thank you for a offer, but I have to refuse. I am sure you understand, you are a stranger and it wasn't like you broke my leg or anything. It was just a harmless little bump, I wouldn't be able to live in good conscious if I let you gift me something so expensive just for that." Please don't push it further, just let me be on my way.

"Strangers huh, if that is the case then I will inform you of myself. My name is Octavius Lovegrove, I am 27 years old although I will be turning 28 next month. I work for Sterling Technology and I have a younger sister that is 5 years younger then me. Will that be enough to make us not strangers anymore?" Lovegrove sounds familiar....and he works for Sterling Technology......shit. He is the vice president of Sterling Tech, the second most powerful man in the city. What is he doing at the docks, even a better question, what is he doing at this shop? And shouldn't he have bodyguards? You know for a fact that a lot of people want to kill him.

All these thoughts swelled in your head, the most prominent one being if he was here for you. Of course if he was here for you, you would already be tied up and in jail already. You look up at his face to see if you could tell what he was thinking but all you saw was a gentlemanly smile his face. You also saw his wonderful cheek bones but they are not important at this moment.

"Even if I know you name, I still can't accept. It is just too much." Just don't tell him your name and get out of this as fast as possible without being rude, Y/N. "It was really nice to meet you, sir. But I have to get home, have a nice evening." Manners, check, quick exit, check, not telling him your name, check. You start to make your way down the street, not even waiting for him to reply.

Without missing a heart beat, he began to walk next to you. "It really is no trouble, it isn't like it would cost me anything." The way he said that ticked you off more then you would've liked it too, he said it with so much pride that you wanted to rip that kind smile off his face. What would he have to be prideful for? The countless workhouses that Sterling Tech uses, or maybe he is prideful about all the deaths that has been caused by those failed inventions that were released without a second thought. Or was it all the children that died in the mines that he was prideful about.

You stopped and looked him in the eye, you then summed up all your rage and spoke. "I don't want anything from your bloodstained hands or your bloodstained company. Now, leave me ALONE!" Saying that may not have been the best idea, judging by how Lovegrove's face looks. His glasses astray and his eyes open wide with his lips parted in surprised. He resembled a fish as he tried to address what you said to him, like he had no idea of what you were talking about it.

"Miss, I am sorry if I have done someth-"

"You have." With that, you left the stunned man standing on the sidewalk all alone. That most certainly will bite you in the butt later on, but you couldn't help yourself. He was just so prideful, prideful at the fact that he could just buy someone a phonograph merely because he bumped into them. What kind of a person does that? Oh, right, a spoiled rich boy.