Chapter 5

"Oh Mer, oh sweetheart" Derek whispered gently. Meredith sobbed on the floor her eyes screwed shut in fear.

He was going in  harder and harder, his rough hands groping her frail body leaving a litter of bruises on her pale skin.

"Just, just wait here Mer, I'm going to inform Webber so they can get the police in" Derek rushed. He turned to face the door.

"No no police" Meredith begged, her eyes were open now and were wide. She pleaded.

"Mer sweetheart, please?" She shook her head. "At least let me tell Richard so we can make sure he doesn't come near you" Derek asked, it wasn't really a question. He was going to do it no matter how much Meredith objected.

Meredith nodded weakly. Derek nodded and rushed out the door.

When Derek was gone, Meredith crumbled again, her eyes leaked and she rocked herself back and fourth.

"Karev?" Derek boomed as he walked into the ER. Alex was sat down attending to a young girls arm, he was stitching it up.

"Where is Jason Fawkes?" Derek demanded.

"Uh well I handed him off to an Intern? Claire I think. Why?" Alex asked, confused.

"That man is the one who hurt Meredith" Derek growled into Alex's ear.

Alex's eyes widened and he put down his needle. Claire walked into the room empty handed.

"Where is the patient Doctor?" Derek demanded. His eyes were wide with fear and anger.

"Uh the toilet? His CT came back clear so he's good to be on his own. Just needs some stitches. They think he fainted due to malnourishment" She said. Derek sighed loudly and shakily and pushed past the stupid intern.

Derek rushed to check on Meredith in the storage cupboard, if this man, this monster was lose in the hospital he could hurt Meredith again and god forbid he let it happen.

When he opened the door he was dismayed to see the Meredith wasn't there, her pager was though and her phone. Derek was terrified.

Against his better judgment he ran to Richard to call a code. Code Orange.

"Chief, I'm sorry to bother you but there is a patient, he is dangerous, we need to call Code Orange" Derek rambled.

Richard looked up and raised his eyes brows at the neurosurgeon. "Orange?" He asked, dumbfounded. "Why?"

"A man that was brought into the ER, he's the man who raped Meredith. He's missing and so is Meredith" Derek answered breathlessly.

"Right, and you're sure he's missing?" Richard asked. Derek nodded.

"Okay, I'll call it now"

The hospital went into panic as the doors locked and elevators stopped, luckily there were no patients in critical condition. Only a few people knew about the situation, and that Meredith was missing (potentially with her rapist).

When Derek and Richard walked into the reception area, Bailey rushed over to them.

"Code Orange? She asked. "What's happened?".

Richard signed sadly "We think Meredith might be stuck in the hospital somewhere with the man that attacked her".

Baileys eyes widened."you think she's somewhere with her rapist. So you may have potentially trapped her with him? The doors are locked. She won't be able to escape him" Bailey screeched.

Dereks eyes watered as he realised what he had done. "We-well can we reverse it?" Derek begged.

"Not until the police get here, at least" Bailey shuddered. "I just pray to God she's safe"