𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
❝ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛᴇᴅ ❞

•°. *࿐ everything had become too much to handle. graduation was weeks away, and it didn't bother to cross his mind once. he had been engulfed in his job, taking care of his siblings, and catering to his girlfriend, sevyn, disregarding the important educational tasks that had been piling up over the weeks.

he stopped attending school, hanging out with friends. connie had became tired. tired of life, tired of opening his eyes and being slapped in the face with fresh obstacles to overcome whilst he had to battle the voices wandering within his mind.

the voices that had him staying up late at night; telling him that life has no meaning. he was just waking up, existing, with the purpose to service others and not oneself. he wasn't living for himself anymore, he lived for others. he had nothing to look forward to, other than his acceptance letter from the university of wall rose.

the birds began to sing their daily song as the sun arose, making the sun beam onto connie's face, making him groan from the sudden heat. it was another sleepless day for connie. almost every night, he would attempt to sleep, but would once fail as his thoughts began to conquer.

he would often question his ability to finish school, to take care of two other younger children, and continue to have a social life—a social life that had began to get pushed under the rug for sevyn, the one and only girl that connie ever loved.

sevyn was one of the prettiest girls from ragako high school, in connie's eyes at least. she was always popular with the guys, unlike how connie had been with the ladies. whenever someone saw him, he never spoke. he would always be zoned out, escaping from his hapless reality.

the only thing that could help him escape actuality was skating; didn't matter whether it was skateboarding or rollerblading. unfortunately, due to his schedule, he had pushed that hobby behind him. it was the only thing that would put a smile on connie's face—something that people hadn't seen in lord knows how long.

it was his outlet.

"wake up connie, you have to get rune and tiana dressed for school this morning. i have to go," connie's mother, christine, said as she opened his door. "i'm up," he groaned, running his hand down his face.

christine springer. she was a hardworking mother; doing whatever she could to put food on the table for her three children, but she was emotionally, and sometimes physically unavailable. she put the children in a large house in the suburbs, giving them whatever they wanted—not realizing how her absence impacted their lives, especially connie.

rune and tiana were only five and six, which meant they required much more attention than connie could give them. when connie had to work, he would leave them with his grandmother, valentina, until he got off. he would cook them dinner, help them with homework, and tuck them into bed. he had almost no time to himself.

christine sighed, "i have a meeting this morning, so you'll have to prepare breakfast for them and pack their lunches, okay?" connie's eyes widened, processing the tasks his mother assigned for him to do. "mamá, i don't have time to do all of that. i have to get ready myself," he spoke, rubbing his eye with his free hand as he pushed the cover off of his body.

"you can do it, connie. just this once, please?" she asked, rummaging through her purse for her phone. "you've said 'just this once' like a hundred times for this. i don't even know why you say that anymore," connie mumbled as he sat up on his bed, scratching his arm.