Chapter 37

"Nezuko! There's something wrong!" Tanjirou called out as he sat up abruptly. I stared down at the young demon slayer in shock at his quick recovery, but before he could run off, I grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Tanjirou! Calm down! I need you to stay here and continue to recover for a while longer. You really pushed yourself to the limit back there, and I may not be able to save you again if you do so. I'll go make sure Nezuko is okay and send her back to grab you. Then you two will be focused on support only. Got it?" I explained to Tanjirou quickly as I began to prepare myself to return to where I left Nezuko and the Upper Moon.

After receiving a curt nod from the young boy, I dashed off to the scene of the battle. Although it had only been a couple of minutes since I had left the Kamado sister to hold the Upper Moon aback, I was still worried as she supposedly could not be as strong as an Upper Moon.

My eyes widened in surprise as I looked down at the scene below me from a rooftop. Nezuko was absolutely beating the shit out of the Upper Moon. Although I was rather proud of the young demon, I knew there was something wrong with her. Her appearance totally changed, and her whole demeanor changed from a docile, sweet child to a bloodthirsty demon.

After defeating the Upper Moon, Nezuko began to turn her attention to a bleeding civilian nearby. 'Shit!' I yelled in my head as I lunged after the young demon. Before she reached the civilian, I had swiftly pinned Nezuko to the ground holding her arms behind her back.

"Nezuko! Snap out of it! Tanjirou needs your help, so get your shit together!" I yelled at the young girl below me as she tried to wrestle out of my grip. She continued to struggle in my grip, trying to claw and kick at me as I was only getting more and more impatient.

It was hopeless at this point. It seemed my words weren't getting through to her, but I didn't want to kill her. I knew Tanjirou would never forgive me, especially when I promised him that I would save his sister and send her back to him.

"Looks like she's progressing as a demon pretty fast." I heard a deep voice say from next to me. I quickly glanced over, relieved to see it was only Uzui. I let out a sigh of relief, thankful that I had someone stronger than me to help fight.

"Thank god you're here, Uzui. Go kill the Upper Moon while I try to get Nezuko to regain her senses." I ordered out before returning my attention to Nezuko, who was still putting up a rough fight.

"I think that's the first time you've been happy to see me." The pillar responded with a light chuckle. I merely sent him a glare his way while a grin formed on his lips.

"Nezuko!" I heard another familiar voice call out. Turning my attention to the other voice I saw Tanjirou quickly approaching the three of us. A sigh of relief escaped my lips knowing that her brother would have a much better chance of talking her back into her senses than I would.

"Sorry for disobeying, (Y/N)-san! It was just taking a while for Nezuko to come back, and I heard a commotion!" The young demon slayer quickly explained once he arrived at where we were.

"No you're fine, actually, thank you for coming. Nezuko doesn't seem to be herself and it would probably be better if I left her to you." I responded, motioning to the struggling young demon that was pinned below my body.

Tanjirou's eyes widened in surprise, but he reacted quickly to the situation and started to attempt to get through to his sister. On the other hand, my attention was quickly caught by the Upper Moon that stood outside with a glare set hard on Nezuko.

"That bitch! I can't believe she knows how to do cursed blood techniques. Plus, it's affecting the speed of my healing as well.." The demon mumbled angrily to herself as she approached us.