Chapter 1:The beginning

October 25th, 2007 Time: 1:59 PM

A beautiful baby girl was born, her mother smiling after they both recovered. The nurse came into the room with her baby. Her mother looked at her, eyes filled with glee, holding onto her baby. The nurse looked at the mother. "What are you going to name her, ma'am?" She said happily. "Harlyn," her mother said in a calm, reassuring, loving voice. Once they got back home, fully healed. mother had to go back to work soon, so all to most of harlyns life she had baby sitters her favorite was Mrs. Jacobs they always had fun her mother was there mainly at night cause she as a day job leaving at 6 am returning at 8 pm Mrs. Jacobs being there for when she had her first steps and first word her first words being Teddy, soon reaching harlyns first day of high school. Harlyn had always been a special girl, smart, strong, and very different, her eyes different born brown but turned blue no one even noticed except Mrs. Jacobs she would always make sure Harlyn knew her worth and that she was special.

SEP 1st, 6:00 AM 2023

Harlyn got dressed humming along to journey her favorite being don't stop believing as she got dressed she got a text message from her best friend Joshua he's Mrs. Jacob's son them being the same age they got along well, some people mistook them for partners or siblings but they were just best friends. As she got ready her tank top under her flannel and her pitch-black jeans with red trim along, and black and white socks along with her black platforms with a black flame base. As she started getting her accessories on gold zipper earrings and a bead necklace saying rat bish Joshua had made her, while she brushed her teeth, she respond with a "morning" and "are you ready" her being scared but ready for high school she walked down the staircase going to eat breakfast "morning mamma" she said happily her seeing her mom for the first time in a while in the morning "morning" her mother said back. As she ate they talked about school and what would happen, what her plan was, soon a knock came to the door, her mother answering "hello Joshua" her mother said a cold tone in her voice Harlyn hopped up grabbing her bag and running out the door "wait up!!" Joshua said, chasing after her. 

She finally stopped at the bus stop. "I'm trying to avoid you getting both of us getting in trouble," she said panting out of breath. He smiled "Oh come on what is a little gonna get us?" He laughed and hugged her. They haven't seen each other in a long time due to her family being on vacation. She smiled blushing, the bus soon appeared as they got on. She had to do a double-take because she saw something but she shook it off as her imagination sat in the back like usual "what was it?" He said he was interested in what she saw. "It- it was nothing," she said trying to brush it off her stutter being noticeable to him she had never stuttered only when she was nervous or scared he mainly only ever heard her stutter around her mom. "Are you okay?" he said touching her hand going to hold it but she jolted him seeing small scars "Harlyn...talk to me" he said holding her hand they had texted all break every breakdown she had he was there, her mother putting stress on her. she sighed holding his hand tightly staring out the window she didn't want to talk about it although he was always there for her there was still some stuff she couldn't tell him, she leaned on his shoulder holding his hand tightly soon falling asleep because she was up all night getting everything ready for the day. 

He chuckled "heh late-night huh?" she nodded before she passed out both of their faces warm and pink, arriving at the school he shook her awake "hm?" she said groggily "were here," he said happily she smiled and got her bag walking off the bus "who's your first period?" she said her smile slightly bigger "Mr. Lawrence'' he said "yes!" She smiled. The teacher wasn't her father, just someone with the same last name.

8:20 AM

They smiled putting both of their things in their lockers cause they were locker partners, as they started to head to class someone had grabbed Harlyn "Heyy Harley" said Derick who had bullied her since pre-k "what do you want, Derick?" Harlyn said upset, him pinning her against a locker and his friends blocking her from escaping and Joshua from getting to her "so, how was your summer" he said, she looked at him with a snarl "none of your business!" she said snapping at him he grabbed her face pulling it close to him "what did you just say to me?!" he snapped "nothing!" she said spitting in his face the guys shocked backing up Joshua grabbing her hand running to class laughing "omg I can't believe you did that!" He said happily laughing they smiled walking into class "Mr jacobs and miss Lawrence take your seats" Mr. Lawrence said they sat down being bored in class Harlyn looked out the window seeing more things taking double takes trying to draw everything she saw, finally the class ends and they find out the only class they share is Mr. Lawrence class.