𝚁𝚊𝚢: 𝙳𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚢

Requested by: Yuilesmollbeanuwu

Type: Fluff
Warnings: Manga/Anime Spoilers

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・.・。.・゜✭・✫・゜・。.

・゜✭・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・.・。.・゜✭・✫・゜・。.

THE crunching of leaves and sticks echoed through the new environment. Having escaped from the farms, you and your family wandered through the large forest. All the other children walked ahead of you, your broken leg from earlier leaving you at a slower pace than the rest. Your body had become increasingly warm but you did your best to hide it not to worry anyone.
The older children occasionally would glance over their shoulder and check on you not wanting your injuries to intensify. Thankfully, they were too far away to notice your labored breathing from the strength absorbing walk.

"Yo y/n are you ok?" Ray asked slowing down his pace to match yours.
His eyes glanced at your slightly flushed cheeks and damp skin.
"Y-yea i'm perfect. Walking with one leg is tiring yknow?" you laughed as your grip on the makeshift crutch became slippery with the extra dampness coming from your palm.
He hummed while staring at the mysterious pen he had, still suspicious of your condition but decided against further questioning. Oh how terribly he regretted this decision in a couple of minutes.

"Ok I'm going to go climb the tree to see if i can find anything that might help us. Everyone keeps on moving forward, i'll catch up with you guys." Emma stated as she fastened the ties on her shoes. Many of the smaller kids whined and complained about it being too dangerous, but all their voices sounded as if you were underwater. Your head lazily looked around in an attempt to shake off your hazy vision.
"dammit why do i feel so hot." you slightly slurred, your lungs now taking in oxygen in short, small amount.
"Alright let's go everyone!" Gilda shouted in the distance. Alright i need to tough it out right now.
As your body forcefully and slowly took a step forward, the groups distance became greater and greater. The air around you felt as if you were in a desert. Not even knowing how far behind you were, your legs movements finally stopped as your knees wobbled with the crutch. Your body collapsed against the hard surface of the ground, the injured leg hitting a jagged rock with brute force.
The moment you dropped, Ray had thankfully been doing his routine check on you. He watched in pure horror as your body hit the ground with no movement after.
"Y/N!" Ray screamed as he dropped his bag. Everyone looked back to see your now laid body. All the other kids followed suit as he raced towards your limp figure.
"is she going to be okey??"
"waaaaahhhhh"
The younger kids cried in terror as they watched Ray examine your body for injuries. His throat felt dry as his hands look at your pale complexion.
"y/n wake up! dammit!" he cried out in frustration as he felt your scorching forehead. His eyes landed on your white bandaged leg forming a red splotch that continued to grow.
Rays arms quickly went under your back and knees, his hands went slightly under your skirt, causing his cheeks to flush a bit. Your head laid limp against his chest, only small breaths were heard from your body.
"Guys we need to stop somewhere and fast." he yelled while jogging through the forest. Rays arms tightened around your frame as his mind filled with possible outcomes from your unconscious.
Your body gave small movements here and there as the kids followed you guys towards a tree who's root grew into a cave-like building.
"Someone get the bandaids and a wet rag out." Ray demanded as he gently laid your body over some spare clothes the kids had.
"Here i got the rag and band-aids." Don handed over the items to Ray who quickly go to work.

-ˋˏTime Skip by Emma's orange hair dyeˎˊ-

"Hng..."

Your body felt weak as you struggled to open your eyes. A brownish type roof filled your vision as you tried to gather strength to sit up.
Your sore arms slowly managed to push your body off the ground. Your head went slightly side ways before going back to its regular state.
"y/n!" Ray exclaimed as he walked into the little house. He quickly made his way over to you with a bowl and towel in hand
"idiot! why didn't you tell anyone you had a fever!?" he muttered as he set the new towel on the back of your neck. His fingertips pressed into the fabric to enhance its feeling.
A pleasurable sigh left your lips as the cooling sensation felt like heaven.
"how's your leg feeling?" Ray asked. Both of you looked down to the newly bandaged leg that sat neatly on top of a stack of pillows.
"mmm it hurts a bit but i'll be alright." you said moving the leg with a wince.
Ray gave you a "you-better-not-be-lying" look as his eyes inspected the rest of your body for injuries. You watched as Ray scanned your body head to toe, but knowing how perverted he looked.
"pervert! don't look at my body." your face flushed as you try to use a shirt to cover your already clothed body. Ray snapped his eyes up toward your rosy cheeks as he deadpanned at you.
"are you stupid? i'm making sure you aren't injured anywhere else dummy." he sighed as he slightly blushed from the idea of checking you out. A silence filled the wooden room before you both broke out into quiet laughter.
"oh sorry, but thank you ray. for taking care of me." you sheepishly told him, your hand rubbing the back of your neck awkwardly. He looked at your adorable gestures while he cleaned up the water and band-aids that were laying around.
"it's nothing, i'm going to go check up on the kids so get some rest." Ray said as he started waking towards the exit.
"oh and by the way y/n, you shouldn't call me a pervert when i've seen you starring at me before." he snickered as your face became scarlet.
"i- i never- Ray!" you stuttered as your brain failed to form a proper response.
Ray looked at you with a smirk before walking away from the scene he just created.

dummy

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・.・。.・゜✭・✫・゜・。.

・゜✭・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・.・。.・゜✭・✫・゜・。.

slowly getting back into writing one shots but guys my gifs are finally working😭