Chapter 2

'

Tonight we are victorious, shampane roll'n over us, all my friends...'

I roll over in bed, my vision blurry from sleep. I wack at my phone till it stops my alarm. 'Ugg' I mumble as I sit up in bed. I grab my phone off the table and unplug it from the charging cord.

6:30, no new notifications. I nod, and set my phone down beside me as I get off the bed. 30 minutes to get Oli up, that should be enough time, I thought to myself.

"Oli!" I yell, then stop myself from continuing. For fear of waking up mom, that's not something I have time to deal with today. Instead I walk over to his door, knock then enter.

"Morning bud," I creep closer to the bed, putting a hand on his shoulder and gently rocking him awake. He grumbles and rubs his eyes.

"Morning, sleepy head." I continue "You gotta get up. Come on, you've got 20 minutes to be at the door ready to go, alright."

"K" He replies with a hoarse voice.

"I'll come check on you in 10 minutes, make sure you're up." I give him a final shake on the shoulder then leave the room turning the light on as I leave. I hear a muffled groan as I walk into the bathroom. I brush my teeth, my hair, and put on some mascara. I look in the mirror, smile and walk out, happy with my look.

"Oliver." I say as I knock on his door, peering inside. He was dressed and sitting at his desk, pencil in hand. I stopped, surprised.

"What are you doing, I thought you finished everything last night?"

"I did. I'm just going over it one more time."

"You don't need to, you got this, now let's go."

He stood up, and grabbed his homework, shoving it in his bag as he walked out of his room.

"Grab a protein bar. I'll meet you in the car." I say nodding towards the front door.

"We're taking the car?" He questions.

"Yah, mom already said we could. Now, get. in. the. Car." I say with a little more tone.

"Ok, geeze."

I turn and head into mom's room once i"m sure he's gone. I shove the door open, march through the room and push open the curtain, letting light pore in.

"Mahhhghgh. Alex, you little bitch." mom muffled trying to hide from the light.

"It's 7:00 mom, you have to go to work. Your clothes are in the bathroom, oh and I need the car, I need to drop off Oliver. Can Judy give you a ride today?"

I glance at her, not knowing what she'll say.

"No."

"No what?"

"No. You can't take the car, it's my car not yours, I'm the one who bought it. I already pay for the roof over your head, so the least you can do is pay for your own damn car. It's not your fucking car Alex, you can't just drive it whenever you feel like it."

"I'm sorry, but Oli needs to get to school early today, which means I have to drive to get to work on time. I'm taking the damn car!"

I walked out of the room before she could reply, I know that was a little mean but I needed to take the car and she wasn't backing down. I wiped the tear that was threatening to fall down my face and got in the driver seat.

"Alright, you ready, got everything?" I ask.

"Yup."

I nod, and back out of the driveway. We pull up to his school in no time.

"Bye buddy." I say turning around to look at him.

"Bye,"

"Do good on that test, okay."

"I will"

"Oh, and I'll pick you up today, you're going to Conner's house right?"

"Yes, can you drop me off?"

"Yah." I smile and he walks away.

- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -

I pull up to the front of the school, fuck I'm late.

"Sorry, Oli." I say as he walks towards the car.

"It's fine." He says.

"No it's not, I'm thirty minutes late, you were sitting out here all by yourself, I'm sorry."

"Alex, it's fine, really."

"You sure, I can make it up to you."

"No, I'm fine really, I actually didn't mind it. I got to read a bunch of my book."

I smile, why did I get such a great brother.

"Alright, to Conner's house." I say pulling out of the parking lot.

The drive was a little awkward, even more so since the radio was broken.

"How did your test go?" My voice breaking the silence.

"Good! I got an A."

"That's amazing buddy!"

"Yeah!"

"I'm so proud of you." 'That was cringy, fuck Alex your brother is gunn think your a weirdo. 'I'm so proud of you' really. Your such a fucking looser'

"Thanks," is all he said back.

Conner's house was only a few minutes away from the school so we got there fairly fast.

"Alright, here we are." I say parking the car.

"Thanks Alex! I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." He says practically leaping out of the car.

"Bye" I wave.

Conner's house was a good size with two floors, a nice front yard, and a basketball hoop out front. It looked a lot like ours, only ours didn't have a basement. I sat there staring at Oli, wishing he could have had this life, a good house, good parents, and a stable living situation. But no, he is stuck with a dead father and a junky mom, at least it hasn't poisind him yet like it has me.

"Do you need anything Alex?" A voice calls from the house.

"Oh, uh, no sorry, I was just, uhh, lost in my thoughts." 'fuck, really Alex. Did you have to stare into space just now. Fucking looser.

"Thanks anyway," I add on after internally killing myself. I wave as I drive off. Preparing for what I have waiting at home.

A/N -

Sorry this is a lame chapter with not much happening, I kinda rushed it, and you can definitely tell. Anyway, If you read this far I hope you're enjoying the story even though the writing is crap.

On a good note I figured out how to bold!!!! So that's a plus right? yes. 

Oh and I saw this thing on a book that I'm reading where an author asked questions at the end of each chapter, like random questions. Would you like me to start doing that. I guess that can be my first question. Do you want me to start asking questions at the en of chapters to get to know you better, and for you to get to know me better? You can answer them or this if you want, I'll probably do it just as an option but I want to know what you think. 

Stay awesome!!