𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ━━ 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

╔═════════════════════════════╗
in which the morning after resulted in
the best and the worst !╚═════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════════╗in which the morning after resulted inthe best and the worst !╚═════════════════════════════╝

╭────────────────────────╮
THE PRESENT: MARCH 17, 2021
╰────────────────────────╯

adelaide let the early morning greet her, drifting upon calm seas whilst at ease with the fluidity of time. the brunette returned in the moment, embraced by birds bringing sweet high notes. filling her lungs with fresh air, she permit her world come into focus as she nuzzled the side of her face further into the pillow she laid on, pressing her cheek deeper into the soft fabric to regain comfortableness in bed before her skin brushed against something firmer than the cushion of a feathered pillow. fluttering her eyelids open, the chestnut haired girl let her jaw grow lax as she exhaled a yawn before lifting her head from the bed, beholding the sight of a grey cotton t-shirt that looked more than familiar.

"hm?" the girl quizzed aloud, flickering her focus onto her palm that laid amongst the cotton fabric below her. adelaide picked up her head until she properly sat up along the soft the mattress, pressing her hand deeper onto the t-shirt until she recognized that she laid on a sleeping alex.

with a palm remaining on his chest, adelaide perched upright for a moment just to take in the sight. slowly adjusting her tired eyes to the sun radiance peeking through the closed window shades beside her, she kept her focus fixated on the gentle rise and fall of alex's sternum, basking in the way his soft breaths indicated his own peace and serenity in the early morning. with a closed smile, adelaide lowered her attention to her hips, where alex tightly wrapped both of his arms around her waist despite his sleeping being. keeping her eyes fixated on his unwavering limbs, adelaide rose the hand she previously had on alex's chest to profusely rub her half-lidded eyes—rubbing her eye sockets to assume she wasn't dreaming of this perfect morning.

adelaide quickly inhaled a sharp breath when she acknowledged what she had to do—that she had to execute the inevitable. gradually lowering her hands, the girl ever so gently grasped alex's arms, keeping her touch feather light to ensure that she wouldn't awake her ex-lover. cautiously moving his limbs away from her hips, adelaide slowly tore his arms away from her waist before she heard a noise of protest. "nu uh," alex huskily mumbled below her, keeping his eyelids shut as he swiftly tightened the tender yet iron grip around adelaide's waist.

the girl snapped her focus upwards, where she lifted her gaze from alex's secured arms and sought the face of a sleeping boy in spite of the clear consonants that just escaped his lips. "p- pardon?" adelaide puzzled, slightly tilting her head to the side out of confusion.