Words are Dangerous {BuckyxReader}

TW: some cursing | semi-verbal abuse

Dating James Bucky Barnes was not always a trip in the park, and no its not because of the night terrors or the missions he has to go to even thought they contribute. It's his words when he gets angry. Bucky is the sweetest soul to me and He always has been except when I see that no else sees but me.

Bucky and Steve had a mission, they came back and it didn't go as smoothly as both of them anticipated, which triggered Bucky's mood which means he was pissed off when he came home. I was sitting on the couch waiting for him to return and he did.

"Hi baby welcome-" I was quickly shut off "Shut it y/n I don't wanna hear you yap when I first come home." I sat in shock bitting my cheek to keep from crying. I stood up and walked to him "Buck, babe I know it was rough but you don't mean that." I said trying to reason and calm him down. He ignored me and huffed "God you really are annoying" He said rolling his eyes. 

I look up to keep the tears at bay "Bucky I cannot keep doing this with yo every damn day!" I finally snap back. "You treat me like shit when you're pissed off but then when you're in a good mood its always 'yes princess' or 'anything for you my love' but theres a side to you that I never knew, all the things you say they were never true but they still hurt."

I walked away before taking a quick look behind me and he was staring at me before spoke again in a cold and harsh tone "Then Leave, and take your shit with you." He said before walking out the door again. I scoffed before wiping the tears "FRIDAY, contact my dad please." I asked the AI "Calling, Mr. Stark Ms. y/n" FRIDAY responded "Thank You." was all I said.

I explained the whole thing to my da who wasn't the happiest man I the world right now, it took everything to convince him not to send the avengers out for Bucky. Anyways I had all my shit packed, if Bucky didn't want to change I sure in the hell was.

*two hours later*

I heard the door open and close and then heard him dragging down the hall. I froze when the door opened and I looked at him and saw the sadness flash when he saw that I was serious. "y/n... baby I'm sorry." he said starting to panic a little "please baby I truly don't mean them I promise ill do better don't leave me." I saw him slide down the wall with tears sliding down his cheeks.

I rushed to him and kneeled before him "I love you Bucky, but your words hurt." He grabbed onto my arm gently and was trying to speak while gasping for air from crying to hard. "Baby, baby look I'm not leaving please calm down." I said crawling into his lap now. Ive never really seen him like this before.

"Please, y/n I promise I will never, ever tell you all those untrue words again I promise. Please" He said calming down a little. I nodded before holding his head against my chest as he calmed fully down. "I love you so much, but we need to work on it. If you don't Im not staying, this is your last chance Bucky" I whispered and all he did was nod and hold me close.

I got ahold of my dad after Bucky fell asleep and told him we are gonna work things out. He wasn't very happy about it but he was still my biggest supporter of me and my choices. As a few months passed Bucky got better about controlling his emotions and using his words that are laced with venom. 

*extended ending!*

Bucky was coming home from a mission and I was so excited to greet him with a surprise. He came in and he looked like a tough one for him so I took it slowly still nervous he might slip up and say something again. All he did was sigh and just pulled me into a really big hug, which I accepted.

"You okay Buck?" I asked gently rubbing his back softly. "Yeah just a long day Doll, how are you?" he asked with a million dollar smile. "Well, we are doing great. We are kind of hungry at the moment as well think you can help us out?" I asked loving the confused look on his face.

"Why do you keep using 'we' Doll, is your dad over?" he asked looking around, he was also still a little nervous. I just laughed and shook my head "No silly, me and the baby duh" I grinned before looking up at him "b-baby?" he said and I nodded.

Bucky jumped up and down "I'm gonna be a dad!!" he yelled with so much joy and all I did was laugh with him. We told everyone and they were all so happy for us. We ended up having a girl and naming her Willow Grace Natasha Barnes. Nat was a mess when she heard her name for the first time, also didn't help that we asked for her to be the god mother lol. it was a waterfall of a mess!

a/n: thank you guys for reading! I very much appreciate it a lot.