Chapter 9: Murphy's Law

You exited the back door of Muffets with the idea of heading toward your moms car. You were grabbing your keys out of your purse completely oblivious to what was right in front of you. "After all grabbing my keys will just take a second what's the worst that could happen?" You thought.

"Well, lookie what we got here" a deep voice from behind you said followed by laughter.

You were frightened and whirled around to see who was speaking to you. Only to be slammed into the brick wall next to you by hands on your shoulders. Looking at your attacker you saw a human male with short blonde hair and baggy clothes that screamed I'm in a gang. The man sneered at you. He had two other males next to him. One of them had pink dyed hair. While the other had brown hair. All three looked like trouble.

" Can bones bruise?" you wondered.

"Looks like the cat caught a canary" the man holding your shoulder said. He started oogling your chest.

"What cat got your tongue?" The pink haired man asked. "Or maybe it does have one." the brunette one said.

"Listen, I don't want any trouble." You said trying to deescalate the situation.

"Oh, so it can speak." pinkie said.

"That all very well and nice. You stay nice and quiet and come with us and we wont have a problem, yeah?" the guy holding you shoulder said.

Then you saw them bring out the switch blades. You were sure if you had eyes they would be bulging. You decided to take your chances and try to run. First step was getting Blondie off. You put all your strength in a kick up towards his groin. As soon as it hit you shoved him towards the other two. Then you took off running.

"Bitch! Now I'mma dust your ass!" Blondie said holding his family jewels.

"What you two waiting for go get it" Blondie said turning to the other two.

"Why is this alley so long?" you thought as you ran.

Unfortunately, with you being back for only a few days, you were slow and they caught up to you quickly. They tackled you to the ground. You screamed and thrashed. "Please someone, anyone help me" You thought.

Suddenly a blue bone shot out and hit one of your attackers. The other one looked up only to be hit by another blue bone forcing both attackers off you. You looked toward where the bones came from and saw Black and were very relieved. You got up and ran to his side.

"YOU IDIOT REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU JUST GOT YOURSELF INTO" Black said with an edge to his voice, that you hadn't heard before. It sent shivers down your spine.

He looked far more intimidating than when you first saw him. The air seemed to almost spark with the tension in the air. Black sent several blue bones out pining all three guys to surfaces on the alley, but not majorly injuring them.

"I HAVE ALREADY CALLED BACK UP. THEY'LL BE HERE SHORTLY." Black said to you.

Soon other officers arrived and took the guys in. The cops escorted all the guys to the cop cars. On the way they blondie spat at you but missed. You were so relieved that Black came to your rescue. Black walked you to your car.

"BEFORE YOU GO Y/N, I ACTUALLY CAME TO FIND YOU TO APOLOGIZE FOR MY BROTHERS BEHAVIOR THE OTHER DAY. I OVERHEARD SUGAR AND SPICE TALKING TO PAPYRUS SAYING YOU WERE AT MUFFETS. I'M GLAD I DECIDED TO APOLOGIZE." Black said.

"Thank you black, not only for apologizing but for saving me. I really appreciate it." you said.

"WELL I'LL LET YOU GO. STAY SAFE Y/N." Black said walking off.

You drove back home. You remembered to sign up for the next seminar while there and set an alarm for training tomorrow.

~Blue's point of view~

He had run all the way home to the skeleton's home to try to grab his brother Pappy, or as the others called him, stretch.

"PAPPY!!" He screamed, shoving the door open.

"Yea bro" his brother said with his head turned towards him. He was sitting on the couch watching t.v.

"THE PRETTY SKELLY LADY IS AT MUFFETS!! LET'S GO!" he said grabbing his brothers hand. Only for stretch to pull back.

"Wait let me get this right you wanna go to Muffets?" Stretch said.

"YES" Blue said.

"The same place you call a sugar fly trap?" stretch said.

"YES, OKAY I WANT TO GO TO MUFFETS OKAY!" Blue said.

Stretch snickered "well bro while were there we should at least get something" stretch said.

"UGH FINE ONLY IF YOU STOP TALKING AND COME WITH ME!" Blue said.

"Fine by me bro" stretch said. Both Blue and stretch headed to Blue's car to drive to muffets. "You know bro we could shortcut" said.

"NOT ONE OF YOUR LAZY SHORT CUTS!"

At Muffets they walked in and saw Sugar and Spice.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Blue asked, bouncing up and down.

"YOU JUST MISSED HER PIPSQUEAK" Black said walking in.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?" Blue frowning asked.

"YOU SHOULD BE THANKING ME!" Black said.

"WHY WOULD I DO THAT!" Blue said.

"THREE GOONS ATTACKED DEAREST OUT IN THE ALLEY AND IF I HADN'T BEEN HERE TO SAVE Y/N THEN WHO KNOWS IF SHE'D BE DUST OR NOT!" Black said.

A look of surprise passed everyone's faces. Black turned and then went to the door to leave.

"WAIT BLACK" Blue said.

"I GOT REPORTS TO FILL PIPSQUEAK" Black said leaving paying no mind to blue.

"I'M ONLY TWO INCHES SHORTER THAN YOU!" Blue shouted.

~Y/n point of view~

The next day you had training bright and early. You felt hesitation going back at first but you really liked Muffets. Training ended up being uneventful. Soon you were heading to the seminar.

You sat down in one of the chairs in the circle by the projector. You were surprised nobody else was there. "Maybe I am early?" you wondered. Suddenly Professor Alphys walked in with a blue fish monster with glasses and a lab coat. She introduced herself as Professor Dyne.

"W-well s-shall we get started?" Professor Alphys said.