4- Lets go to the park

Dream drove slightly above the speed limit to get to the location that George said he was in. He didn't know what was wrong because George was being very vague. He only really told him that he wasn't able to get home because he didn't have a car or money. Dream knew it probably wasn't a good idea to meet up with someone he only just met in a dodgy place in the night, but he couldn't help it. He felt like he had known George for years. He trusted him.

After ten minutes Dream arrived at a small road in the middle of nowhere. He could see a distant figure sitting on the side of the road so he drove towards it and stopped to get out and greet George.

"What happened, George? You got me really worried."

"Don't be worried! I just didn't have a way to get home. I still haven't got my phone from the repair shop so I had to walk two miles to get to one of these phone boxes." He pointed at the phone box behind him. Dream noticed that he was slurring his words and talking way louder than he needed to.

"Anyways" George continued "I realised I don't know anyone's number and I thought I was screwed until I remembered this!" He took a napkin out of his pocket, revealing a phone number written on it. The napkin that Dream had given him at the bar.

"George are you drunk?" Dream asked bluntly.

George laughed and nodded.

"Oh my god. Okay lets get you up and into the car." Dream said, hauling him up. "Just don't throw up in my car."

George giggled and got into the car. As a joke he fake gagged which he thought was the funniest thing ever."

"Oh the height of comedy." Dream said with a very sarcastic tone but he couldn't help laughing at how cute George was when he laughed. "Alright, where do you live?"

"You think I'm gonna tell you that? Don't your parents teach you about stranger danger in America?" George teased.

"Well yeah they did but how am I gonna get you home safely if I don't know where you live?"

"Well... we could get to know one another and then you wont be a stranger anymore!"

Get to know one another? In what way?

"What do you mean?" Dream asked genuinely confused.

"Well, we could go somewhere like a park and if we get to know each other, then it's no longer stranger danger and you can take me home."

"You know that's not how stranger danger works, right?" Dream actually really liked the idea of hanging out with George but he was trying to play hard to get.

Eventually he gave in and the two drove to a 7 -Eleven to get some snacks. They decided to play a game where Dream picked out the snacks for George and vice versa to see if they could guess what the other would like. Dream gave George ten dollars, seeing as he didn't have any money on him. Then they met outside the shop and looked at what the other had got for them.

Dream showed George his collection first: Sour patch kids, reese's pieces, a slushy and a pack of marshmallows.

"I love marshmallows!" George gasped, grabbing them.

George gave a bag to dream to look through: Jolly ranchers, M&M's, pringles and... a jar of pickles?

"Wait what?" Dream asked, holding up the jar while laughing.

"What? You look like a pickle kinda guy, Dream." He laughed back.

When they got to the park it was almost midnight and no one was there. They decided to sit on the basket swing and eat their food. They were meant to eat the food that the other had given them but they both ended up sharing. They even ended up sharing the slushy because George hadn't got Dream a drink.

"So, why were you just out drinking all by yourself?" Dream had that question lingering in his head for a while now.

"I was with my friend Bad and his boyfriend Skeppy. You met Bad the other day at the bar. They ended up getting into their car without me and they drove off. They called out of the window saying it was a prank but I think they just wanted alone time together."

"Oh that kinda sucks." Dream comforted George, sitting ever so slightly closer to him on the basket swing.

"Eh it's fine. They were drunk and it was awkward being a third wheel anyway. I was just a little annoyed because they get to have each other."

"What do you mean?" Dream asked.

"I mean, it's been so long since I've had a boyfriend. Seeing them together can be irritating sometimes." George was saying stuff that he wouldn't normally say if he was sober. Yet he wasn't drunk enough to forget about it which would definitely make him cringe in the morning.

"I get that." Dream agreed. "I actually recently broke up with my boyfriend. But we weren't that close so I get that you want to have someone like that."

They talked until 3:30 in the morning, not realising how late it was. They really connected and overall just enjoyed each other's company. By the end, George was practically sober and told Dream where he lived.

"I'll text you as soon as I get my phone back so you have my number!" George said while he got out of the car."

"Okay. We should do this again sometime, it was fun."

"I agree. Thanks for the lift Dream. Oh I also owe you ten dollars!" He laughed before turning and walking towards the apartment building.

Dream drove home with a big smile on his face while he processed what had just happened. I just spent a night with George! Their apartments were really close so it only took him about five minutes to get home.

He opened the door as quietly as possible in order not to wake up the others but as soon as he got in, he found his two roommates sitting in the living room, staring at him. The two both had mischievous smiles on their faces.

"Where have you been, Dream?" Karl asked.

Sapnap asked another question before Dream could answer. "Did you spend all that time with George?"

"You were gone with him for hours. What did you do with him?" Karl teased.

"Oh shut up guys. We just hung out a little. Now, I'm going to bed." Dream couldn't help but smile to himself.

~1062 words~

I just want to say that stranger danger really doesn't work like that. If you meet someone random and talk to them a bit, that doesn't mean you are suddenly friends. No matter how nice they seem, you shouldn't invite them to your house.

With that being said, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Stay safe, guys.

-Esme <3