long distance girlfriend

Jade

babygirl<3: happy birthday, love<3 have a great day
me: thanks baby. can you call me?
babygirl<3: aww does jadie miss her girlfriend?
me: shut the fuck up
me: yes, i do
me: can you call me now?
babygirl<3: i would love to, but i'm busy right now. maybe later? this evening?
me: but its my birthday. only five minutes?
babygirl<3: baby i cant, but i promise, this evening we will facetime and i will sing you to sleep
me: ok
babygirl<3: please dont be mad at me, ok? i love you

Frustrated, I threw my pear phone on my bed and snorted. I knew I had forgiven my girlfriend in twenty minutes at the latest, but it still pissed me off that she hadn't taken the five minutes.
Was it too much to ask? We had been in a long-distance relationship for almost a year, and yet I had never seen her in person. She lives about 19 hours away from me, in Vancouver, and the stress of school didn't make it any easier.

As soon as I got my mind off it, I decided to head off to school. The thought was already pissing me off.

timeskip

By now it was noon, and my girlfriend still hadn't texted me. I continued to stare at the chat history while my friends talked.

Beck seemed to be the only one who noticed I was distracted, and nudged me.
"Are you okay?"

I nodded and decided to turn off my phone and slide it into my pocket. Y/N wouldn't text me just because I wished she would.

The rest of the day dragged on like gum. I just wanted to get out of school and be alone. Especially since Tori had somehow found out it was my birthday. Now she was getting on my nerves without a break.

When the bell finally rang for the last time, I almost ran out of the building.

"Jade wait!"

I groaned loudly when I heard Vega's annoying voice and turned to face her.

"What?", I nagged annoyed.

"You haven't gotten my birthday present to you yet," she said.

"Vega, for the thousandth time, I don't want a gift from you. No matter what it is, I refuse it," I replied sharply.

"That means I have to drive home again then, doesn't it?"

I winced when I heard that familiar voice. This was a joke. It couldn't be -

Slowly, I turned around.
In front of me was indeed Y/N, leaning against a wall. She smiled wryly at me, while I still stared at her in shock.
She sparkled at me in amusement when she noticed me looking her up and down.
She was incredibly pretty. And a little bit shorter.

As I admired her, she pushed herself off the wall and came toward me.

"No hello, Jadie?" she asked with a grin.

I smiled and pulled her to me by her waist with a tug.
"Hello.", I breathed against her lips.
Her cheeks flushed slightly as I kissed her lips gently.

I had often imagined what it would be like to kiss her. But nothing even came close.

The moment was ruined by Tori clearing her throat.
Annoyed, I broke away from my girlfriend and looked questioningly at Vega.

"What do you want, Vega?"

"Can I have a hug for my birthday present?"

I glanced once at Y/N, who gave Tori a warning look.