the crush

My eyes were on Jade as she stormed down the hallway, yelling with a megaphone at anyone who came toward her.
Nervously, I turned to my locker, hoping she wouldn't come to me.
I even noticed my hand shaking. I bit my lip, which was already split open. I had a very unintentional crush on Jade. Really very unintentionally.
And every time I see her, I blush and my pupils dilate. When she talks to me, I stutter. I've never stuttered before. But for some reason, she had been talking to me more often in the last two weeks. And it was scaring me.

"HEY YOU. ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME ON THE SLAP YET?" I winced hard as I heard her scream next to me.

Slowly, I turned to face her, but couldn't get anything out of myself. Those blue-green eyes stared at me expectantly and determinedly.

"DID YOU OR DIDN'T YOU?"

I opened my mouth, but again, pure chaos reigned in my head.

"Eh-"

"Are you okay?" I felt a hand tighten in mine. I turned my gaze to my girlfriend, who pressed a quick kiss to my cheek before looking at Jade. Yep. Not only do I have a crush on Jade, I have a girlfriend too
Jade lowered the megaphone.

"Did you guys follow me on The Slap?"
Her voice sounded calmer, probably because she respected Kiandra to some extent. "As far as I know, we're both following you," my girlfriend replied calmly.

"Show me." She looked me straight in the eye as she said it.

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and pressed it into her hand.

"Nice background." she teased me.

I sighed and snatched the phone out of her hand before going back to The Slap and shoving it back into Jade's hand.

"Fine." she replied bluntly, not even glancing at the screen. Instead, she was still staring at me.

"Well then, it's all good, right?", Kiandra replied, pulling me towards her a bit.

"Mm. Y/N, do you feel like coming to our table during lunch break? Your girlfriend can come too. "

I glanced at Kiandra who just shrugged her shoulder.
"Ehh Ok?", I replied, giving her a quick smile.

She just nodded, turned around and continued yelling at people.

"She's actually quite nice."

"Didn't you have a crush on her last year? You guys had a class together and you couldn't stop talking about her.", Kiandra laughed. She didn't really care.

My cheeks turned red, but she didn't notice. "I just thought she was pretty," I grumbled. "You promised you wouldn't bring it up again."

"Sorry. Let's get going, shall we? Otherwise we'll be late for the next class." Her voice sounded indifferent, like she didn't even care.

I just nodded and Kiandra took my hand and intertwined hers with mine. I tried not to pull my hand away, although by now I have an uneasy feeling when I'm with her. It's nothing she did, I just felt Kiandra wasn't the one for me.

After two more classes, one with Sikowitz with Jade staring at me half of the time, and one with the new crazy art teacher, I nervously packed up my stuff to go outside to Jade's. I even noticed my hand shaking.
"Are we going?", Kiandra snapped me out of my thoughts.

I just nodded and she automatically intertwined her hand with mine again. I contorted my face, but she didn't see that anymore because she was already pulling me along with her, greeting what felt like a thousand people.
I couldn't help but sigh a little.
Kiandra was very popular. Constantly around ten people stood in a circle around her, because she was so cOoL. Everyone laughed out loud at her jokes because they really wanted to be friends with her.
And I was just this girl in the background. Always unimpressive to everyone. I probably wouldn't even have friends if I wasn't pretending to be someone else.
And now, all of a sudden, everyone was sucking up to me ever since I started dating Kiandra.
"I'll go ahead," I muttered quietly as she started joking and laughing out loud with someone.

"Huh-," before she could retort more, I withdrew my hand from her and walked towards the table where Jade and her friends were sitting. She faced me, her blue eyes scrutinizing me as she had in the morning.

"Hi.", I greeted her quietly and slowly lowered myself to the seat next to her.

"Hi." Her eyes were still on me.

"Oh hi! Your name is Y/N, right?"
The brown-haired girl sitting across from me looked at me expectantly. Tori was her name, I think. She was relatively popular, but had never really had anything to do with her.

"Cool.", Andre replied. Him I knew, in fact everyone at this table was super popular. No idea what someone like me was looking for here.

I just nodded and nervously slid back and forth. I couldn't really deal with new people, that's why I had a very small circle of friends.

The others were talking amongst themselves while Jade was still staring at me.

"I saw your girlfriend with a girl."

This was quite unexpected. I looked at Jade in confusion.
"Huh?"

"The girl was verryyy clingy." Her voice sounded amused.

"Oh."

"You know, I had a crush on a girl while I was with Beck, too."

Huh now where did that come from-.
Confused, I looked at her. Did she know? No, no way.

"Why 'too'?", I asked nervously.

"You know."

NO I DON'T.

"Eh yeah, sure-"

Before she could say anything else, I was hugged from behind. I looked up and caught sight of Kiandra's face, grinning broadly at me.

"Hii."

"Oh yeah hi. Where have you been?"

"Just talking to Mika for a bit. Are you hungry?"

I just shook my head.

"It's fine- Oh wait a minute Luan is calling me."

I just sighed as she disappeared after less than a minute. When I turned back to the table, Jade just gave me a look.
I couldn't interpret it, but what the hell.

"I'll be going now," I muttered, standing up and reaching for my bag.

"See you tomorrow."

I looked at Jade with wide eyes.

"What's wrong?" she hissed at me.

"Eh nothing- Sure, see you tomorrow."
Then I turned and walked back into the building with red cheeks.