37

I can't remember if Sammy is a boy or girl so for this he's a boy, yes,

It's been weeks since the incident, and here I stand, in front of multiple people, as I speak at his funeral. Black-clothed people stand in front of me, rain pouring down on my face, soaking my clothes and hair. There was no doubt he was dead, we tested for vital signs... We didn't bother moving his corpse though, just locked it away in the pizzeria along with all its secrets.

"William was the most important person to me. We met in college, and I have to say he was an amazing man. An amazing friend, an amazing lover."  I lied through my teeth, going along with the cover story I and William had created.

"When everyone else left me, he was determined to stay by my side and be the true lover he was meant to be. It made me so happy, knowing William would always be there..."

I choke back a sob, feeling my hands tremble.

"I'm sorry." I chuckle bitterly.

"I don't have anyone left now, my family's dead, Michael is going with Clara... I guess I'm going to be a nobody now, one of those old, grouchy ladies with 15 cats and no family to visit." I chuckle darkly, earning a few laughs from the attendees too. 

"Bottom line, Like many others, I was swooped up by William's handsome looks and charms. The only difference was, was that he got swooped in mine too. We loved each other for a short time, but the short time was a wild, fulfilling ride. Thank you for having me" I speak with passion, pooling all the emotions i had for William into the speach. As i nod my head in conclusion, i see many people crying as they looked to the ground.

This made me angry, however.

None of these people stood by William.

Only me and Henry were there for him through the thick and thin, and only I knew everything about him.

I ball my trembling hands into fists at my sides; Anger boiling up inside of me.

These people do have the right to be sad.

I quickly rush of the stage and head to the bathroom, but right before I enter I see Henry exit the male one next to the woman I was about to enter. He had bags under his eyes, and he wore a corduroy suit, but overall, he didn't look too bad. Unlike me, I had to dump a full face of makeup on to mask my giant eye bags and wrinkles.

"Oh! Y/N... How have you-"

I cut him off with an unexpected smile, causing him to chuckle slightly. He seemed happy enough.

"cheery as always."

"Not on the inside," I reply, causing his face to fall into a sad, guilty expression. Why guilty? None of this is his fault; if I had to be honest, he got the brink of some of William's damage, afterall, William killed his daughter and it went right under his nose. 

I wish I had the ability to stay that happy after all I've gone through. After all that has been done to me.

"What will you do now?" Henry finally says, after a long, dense silence. I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"I have nowhere to go, so ill probably leave the town. I cant stand to look at it." I state, causing him to nod.

"of course..."

"What about you?"

"I made up with my wife, we are moving to California. It will be a nice fresh start with Sammy, I hope to be the father he hasn't had in quite some time. He still had quite a few childhood years left, maybe I can be remembered as his father still..."

"I'm glad." I smile softly, earning a small smile to form on his lips.]

Henry would make an incredible father. He's kind and caring, and is financially stable. He wouldn't spoil his kids, only nourish them and get them a treat here and there.

"How did the speaking go?" He asked, causing me to grunt.

"good, I'm leaving..."

"So soon? Is... it too much?" He asks, causing me to sigh, pinching my nose in annoyance. Not annoyance for him, just the situation. I can feel a headache brewing. 

"Yes."

"well, we will miss you here in Hurricane Utah. Build a new life for yourself, Y/N. And know that William really did love you, more than anything in the world."

I smile, recalling how many times i doubted it, and how many times i was proved wrong.

"i know."

____

Its been 2 years since then, and I decided to go back home. Wasnt my best choice, but I didn't know where else to go. I felt empty now, like a piece of me was missing, so it really didn't matter where I went. Everything I do is pre-programmed as if I'm a robot going about my day. I just do what has to be done to survive, and I act happy while doing it.

I'm not happy though.

I act as if I am, but we all know I truly am not. I'm surviving, not living, and that's the cold hard truth. But it hurts, knowing I probably will never be able to be happy again. 

Oh, I and Nathaniel got engaged...

I no longer liked him, but I thought maybe if I was romantically involved with someone else, I'd forget about William... 

Oh, how wrong I was. Every time Nathaniel holds me, I imagine it's William. Every time he kisses me, I close my eyes and remember Will's fluffy hair and sickly pale face, his bony hands, and freckled nose... I remember everything about him in detail, and then I get swallowed up in sadness.

In the bleakness of what could have been.

Nathaniel and I are getting married in a few short weeks, but I have been distracted.

Attached to a powerline pole, I saw FNAF poster for something I literally never expected could ever pop up in my universe, EVER.

A Fazbears Fright Poster.