Arthur's letter

[This is super short, just what Arthur wrote in his note/letter to Merlin. Will be updating a new chapter soon.]

Merlin,

This will be brief because I'd rather do most of this in person, but I needed to send you something. I am so angry and frustrated and annoyed at the way things have occurred. I always thought of you as my best friend, but I never once showed you that was how I thought of you. Instead I told you, almost constantly, how I disliked and distrusted magic. God, you must have hated me. Sorry doesn't even begin to cover how I feel. I want to do better. I want to learn. I want you here with me and Guinevere, teaching us. Showing us the good magic can do. She wants to make you our Court Sorcerer. Or mage, or whatever. You've been advising and helping us through so much, it's time we repaid that debt. Please, come home. There is going to be a feast held in a week's time to welcome the Druids and all magical peoples as full citizens of Camelot. I'd really like you to be there. Guinevere will be devastated if you aren't. She's telling me this as I write. So, stop being an idiot, idiot. Can't very well hold a feast for magical freedom if our Court Sorcerer can't be bothered to show up.

For what it's worth, I'm truly sorry. For everything. When you get back we have a lot to talk about. As long as you can separate from Gwaine for a minute or two.

-Arthur