76

September 1st, my 16th birthday and the anniversary of the end of my innocence.

I was lost in my own thoughts with the memories of that night flooding my head like every year.

I had nightmares the night before, woke up covered in blood and realized that I accidentally scratched up my arm raw.

The first year in a while that he didn't stay with me or I didn't stay there.

I did wake up to a letter though from him wishing me a happy birthday and telling me he was excited to see me.

"Iris! We are going to be late! hurry up!" Destiny yelled banging on my door as I climbed back through my window closing my hand around the handle of my dagger as she opened the door.

I froze as I was halfway in the the room and she sighed standing in the doorway "sleeves up, now" she ordered and I couldn't blame her she caught me in a pretty suspicious situation.

I nodded climbing in and lifted my sleeves to reveal my healing wounds from only a few months prior and some scratches from my nightmare.

She visibly calmed down gesturing for me to put the dagger away before leaving telling me we were leaving in 10 minutes with or without me.

I hated how protective they suddenly were over me now that I was out of the hospital.

I opened my trunk, grabbing the picture frame of Draco and I and placed it into the trunk along with my dagger before closing it.

I called for Dahlia to put her in her cage as she flew into the window, her black feathers startling me at first as she landed on my shoulder, nudging her head against mine.

"c'mon in the cage, I know I wouldn't want to be in there either" I closed the gate as she went to peck at my finger causing me to bleed.

I walked downstairs to meet my father and cousin who still failed to acknowledge that it was my birthday.

I placed a fake smile on my face and we headed to the platform.

It was busy like every year, with families sending their kids off for the first time or for another year.

I hugged my father, still not acknowledging what today was as he sent Destiny and I off.

While Destiny went off to her friends I walked in the opposite direction to look for mine, I ignored the stares and glares from the other houses, mainly Gryffindors.

I searched for the familiar blonde hair as I walked through the cars when two arms lifted me up and carried me down the isles "Blaise if you dont put me the fuck down right now-" I threatened as I faught him with a smile on my face.

"Blaise I'm serious! I'll hex you!" I heard him laugh at my half assed threat as he put me down, I turned around, punching him in the stomach playfully when he nodded behind me.

I turned seeing that the very blonde I was looking for was sitting talking to Pansy while Ruby wrapping her arms around hers with her head rested on her shoulder.

I smiled walking over to him seeing Pansy's eyes light up when she saw me causing Draco to look over at me as I walked up to him.

He pulled me onto his lap, making me smile as I locked my eyes on his "theres my girl" he gushed, kissing my cheek making me blush at the name.

"Your girl? I like the sound of that" I said wrapping my arms around his chest and hearing Ruby gag loudly which made me chuckle as I looked over at her.

"You two have been dating for what? Almost two years! Why are you acting like he doesn't already call you his girl when you aren't around" Ruby teased giving a knowing look to the blonde whos face was now bright red like mine.

"Does he?!"

Draco's hand slid under my skirt without anyone realizing but he didn't make eye contact with me till he turned to answer my question with a smirk on his face.

"Yes—" he squeezed my thighs making me gasp quietly "—yes I do" he answered kissing my cheek once more, innocently while his hands were not so innocent as they trailed my lower body.

I could see in his eyes that he wanted to take me then and there but given where we were he couldn't so he teased me.

I had to act normal, not let a sound leave my lips while I listened—tried to listen to Ruby's stories about her adventures in America as she visited over the summer.

Somehow the two girls sat infront of me didn't catch on to the situation the blonde had gotten me into as he placed his chin on my shoulder whispering a quiet happy birthday.

They grew suspicious but chose not to comment.

Then he stopped nudging me off his lap, when Snape entered the train giving him a stern look which confused me as he almost never entered the student trains.

Draco looked bothered, as if something was now bugging him as I made him look over at me with my hand resting on his cheek.

Suddenly his eyes lit up slightly and I heard Pansy awe when he leaned in to peck my lips when the train filled with black smoke.

"What the hell?!" I was coughing uncontrollably as Draco stood up ruining his previous mood as I grabbed ahold of his hand.

"A first year probably set off a falty spell don't worry about it, anyway, we're almost to hogwarts" I assured as I pulled him back to the seat trying to ignore the way he stiffened at the mention of the school.

"Hogwarts... what a pathetic excuse for a school" he shot suddenly with a stern look on his face while he avoided my eyes "I think I'd pitch myself off the astronomy tower if I thought I had to continue for another two years"

I froze at his words, an action that wouldn't go unnoticed by the blonde when he placed his hand onto my thigh.

"What's that supposed to men?" Pansy asked, clearly disturbed by the blonde's suddenly mood change.

Draco smirked, glancing at me for a second as he continued "lets just say, I don't think you'll see me wasting my time in charms class next year" he kept his voice low and squeezed my thigh.

Ruby chuckled setting Draco off when she suddenly spoke up before the blonde got the chance to "yeah because you'll be fucking Iris in a broom closet"

I started choking on nothing at the comment, my face turning red while Draco kept an unamused look on his face as he glared at the red head as she laughed at my reaction.

"Amused? We'll see just who's laugh in the end"

We fell silent and I scooted away from the blonde, not meeting his eyes as he looked at me.

Happy Birthday to me.