96

"I know what you did Malfoy"

I recognized the voice instantly as it belonged to Harry who was well aware I was there.

"You hexed her!" I glanced over his shoulder meeting the brunettes eyes "you hexed Katie Bell didn't you!" He called out but not looking at Draco instead at me.

"You're letting him do it! You know what hes doing Iris!" I didn't comment even though I knew it was right "you're in on it aren't you?! What are you getting out of it!"

I let him continue, I wasn't going to stop him, "You're gaining nothing Iris! You're dating a Malfoy you can't gain anything!" I felt tears run down my face as he continued, I wanted nothing more to scream.

"Why him Iris!" Harry shouted but I couldn't move, I didn't know how to respond to this "What is so special about him—what is it he has that I didn't" I looked up at his confession glancing at Draco who looked almost as shocked.

"I was your best friend—I loved you before anyone else did so what did Malfoy do that made him the right choice" he asked almost like he would burst into tears in that very moment.

"Leave her alone Potter" hissed Draco who clearly was not having anymore of Harry's shit, he reached back grabbing my hand as I kept my eyes on the ground.

"What happened to you Iris? You've changed" Harry asked setting Draco off and I didn't flinch when he shot a spell at Harry who shot one back hitting me right in the chest.

I laid on the ground wirh water filling around me, I ignored Draco's heartbreaking call for me as everything around me became blurry and even though I could still hear the grunts and crashes from their fight.

Not even the sound of a body splashing down made me brudge even if I knew it was Draco because I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't.

I didn't give up though, unsure of what spell or curse Harry had accidentally hit me with as I crawled next to Draco who was bleeding from his chest.

I was weak but it didn't stop me from crying as I cupped his face "Draco please—please stay with me" I began lightly slapping his cheek not even caring that I was being covered in his blood.

I heard him groan and I sighed in relief "if you die I die" I hushed kissing his forehead knowing I couldn't help him as I smiled weakly.

"I love you"

It was then I released he was gone as I collapsed next to Draco my eyes slowly falling shut like his as everything went black.

~~~

Slowly everything came back to me, I was numb and I wouldn't know about my headache for another 5 minutes as I woke up in the infirmary with Draco in the bed beside mine.

His shirt had blood staining it as mine did I reached my hand out hoping I was close enough to hold his hand.

"Draco" I called out weakly gaining no response from him which told me he was still out cold, I wasn't sure what exactly happened but when I looked over and saw Harry I wanted to punch him.

"Go away" he shook his head, grabbing my hand gently "no—I'm staying here" he said and I rolled my eyes removing my hand from his "leave"

I wanted him to leave so badly, he was the reason Draco and I were in here in the first place and I made that clear as I narrowed my eyes at him.

He looked at me, eyes saddened before he sighed "I need to tell you something—you deserve an explanation" he insisted and I knew what it was going to be as I looked over at Draco who still laid peacefully in the bed beside mine.

"You're in love with me—or were at least" I blankly said, avoiding eye contact with him as I now watched rhe trees sway infront of me "but you pushed me away in second year after the chamber was opened, why?" I wondered knowing now he would tell me.

"I watched you fall in love with Malfoy you just didn't know it yet, I saw it everytime you looked at him—it never changed even now" he explained and I looked over at him, listening in shock.

Tears formed in his eyes before he continued "I went to confess to you in third year one day, I was looking for you everywhere so I asked Ivy where you were and she said you were with Malfoy in hogsmeade and I realized I was to late" he paused glancing at Draco's bed "he had won you over"

I almost felt bad for him as his eyes lingered on the blonde for a few moments before bringing them back to me "seeing you two at the world cup stung the most because I saw how happy you were with him especially after the match when I saw you two leaving together" his voice was full of hurt as silence over came us both.

When he released I had nothing to say he spoke up again "He treating you well I assume" I nodded, responding with a quiet 'yeah' as I tried to process this all, take it all in I looked away from him.

"I'm sorry for what I did Iris" he apologized and I couldn't help but tell that part of that wasn't true, he wasn't sorry for hurting Draco as much as me "apart of me still has feelings for you, you know" he mumbled causing me to look over at him with a blank expression.

"Don't tell Malfoy I said that last part" he chuckled quietly and I smiled "I won't" it felt like old times again, I was still comfortable around him though I wanted nothing more than to slap the shit out of him for hurting Draco.

"You said you watched me fall in love with him—what do you mean by that?" I asked, genuine curiosity filled my voice and he paused to think for a moment.

"In second year when Rom and I used poly juice potion to get into the slytherin common room you two seemed comfortable with eachother despite you hating him the way you looked at him never changed" he paused for a short moment.

"I watched my first love fall for the person I hated the most at hogwarts" he took a deep breath, a tear falling from his eye as he did so "it hurt so I pushed you away and I couldn't make up for it because you two were already together" he said slowly as if he had to think about how to word this properly.

It stayed silent after that with me unsure on how to express what I was feeling because the truth was I didn't know what I was feeling because my heart was beating hard in my chest and I found it harder to breathe.

I didn't know if I was going to cry or not untill he left and I was alone to process everything.