Chapter 5: My Strange Addiction

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm back for another chapter! (I'll update again by tommorow night to compensate my absence) The book is racing up to 1k reads! Thank you sooo much for the support little devils~

The song for this chapter is inspired from Billie Eilish's song and it fits Yuri and Nanno perfectly~

Enjoy! 🎀

~°~°~

A soft sigh escaped her lips. The cold wind of the summer midnight caused her skin to shiver. Yuri had reached the rooftop of the abandoned school.

She held her phone tight, eyeing her driving force. There sat Nanno, on the edge while enjoying the view below. She suddenly feels that familiar anticipated rush- the same feeling she felt back at the hospital a few days ago.

Yuri had made sure to assess and watch Nanno's actions after the events of Minnie and the four bodies incident. She'd been quiet, stealthily deducing her next move. She couldn't sleep nor think of anything just to see what Nanno is about to do next.

It was the fourth day after their reunion when she saw a glimpse of Nanno strolling like a swift feline through the crowd. It pulled her in, luring her to follow her. After a few minutes of running about, she'd finally saw what her predecessor is up to. In the outskirts of the lively main city lies an abandoned school. Looking up, she saw Nanno sitting on the edge, carefree, fearlessly admiring the view.

She wanted- no desired to talk to her again.

And here she was, a few meters behind her. She stares at Nanno's back for almost a minute,  tongue-tied, and before she gathered the courage to approach her...

Don't ask questions you don't wanna know

"Sawasdee Yuri." This made Yuri gulp, her inner voice screeching in excitement but she remained unmoved, watching as Nanno turns her head a bit to look at her. "It seems you have discovered my secret."

"N-Nanno..." Yuri mutters, loud enough for her to hear and it caused Nanno to look at her, adjusting her position and now facing her completely.

Yuri gulps, doubting if she'll approach her but it seems Nanno read her conflict and motion her finger to tell her to walk closer. The flaming of Yuri's cheek couldn't hide her sly intimidating state.

Standing face to face, a meter close to each other, a slow smirk stretches in Nanno's cheek.

"So? What brings you here?" Nanno said, leaning herself a bit, eyeing Yuri intently. "Come to interrogate me?"

"N-No, I just..." Yuri stammers a bit. "I want to talk to you."

"Yuri," Nanno chuckles, smirking. "Questions again?"

"N-No! This is different." Yuri hisses a bit causing Nanno to cross her arms, staring at Yuri intently. "I just want to clarify something and ask you a question."

Nanno's silence gave Yuri the push to continue.

"I wanted to know what you think of what I've done a few days ago."

Nanno sighs, eyeing Yuri with disinterest.

"Are we going to talk about it again?"

"I just want to know if I really did it right..."

"Still trying to be the dog, Yuri?" Nanno sneers a bit, annoyance hinted in her voice. "I told you to do whatever you want, be what you want. I don't-"