Don't drink just don't do it

Feyre and I finish cleaning up the studio and head back to the town house for dinner. Everyone piles in rushing to get ready to head to Rita's Feyre ushers me upstairs to her and Rhys's room slipping a skimpy black dress and curling my hair. I have no idea why she is so insistent on making such a fuss but I don't try to stop her knowing by now that there really is no stopping Feyre. Just as she is finishing donning every surface of my skin with some kind of jewels Rhys walks in quickly covering his eyes. Feyre without looking away from the makeup she is smearing over my eyelids laughs "She is dressed Rhys". He breathes a breath of relief walking to us, I can tell from the grin on his face I am about to be teased. "Wow I didn't know you could look like all girly". I try to move and slap him but Feyre grips my chin "No messing up the makeup you can hit him when I'm done". Rhys looks aghast "Really?!" "You were asking for it and you know it". The two go through life seamlessly as though they have loved each other for a thousand years and more. I curse myself that as I am thinking this Azriel pops into my mind unprompted. A laugh escapes Rhys although no one has said anything "Get out we will be down in a minute" Feyre shoos him. 

Feyre descends the steps first and I follow after. Everyone stands at the bottom of the staircase dressed to the nines. Even Mor. Her eyes scale me like a lion sizing up its prey. Everyone is there all except Azriel. "You better keep an eye on that one" Cassian tells Rhys not bothering to lower the tone of his voice. Ritas is barely a block away and we all make it there in under a minute. Music booms throughout the building as Mor heads up a long winding staircase towards the back. People sit at tables all around laughing, drinking, talking, it reminds me of secret rendezvous I used to attend. They feel like a lifetime ago and no longer than yesterday all at the same time. We find a large table all being seated immediately. Cassian orders a round of shots for all of us that are brought out quick. "You don't have to drink" Rhys tells me. Cassian and Nesta had already downed theirs. I do the same wincing at the burning sensation coiling down my thought. "What the hell?" I cough "I thought drinking was supposed to be fun". The table erupts in laughter "Don't worry after a few more of these it will be" Cassian hands me another. 

An hour later and most everyone is buzzed, I'm not sure how intoxicated I am but I definitely don't have any existential crises at the moment which feels quite nice. "You just flung her down a bottomless pit?" Amren laughs as Rhys recounts the story. "It was motivational". She smirks "And did it work?" Rhys blushes "I pulled her out, don't give me those looks." It feels good, tonight, easy, much easier than the last month has been. I am not overthinking or rationalizing my ptsd as Rhys would say, I am merely being. Being present, in the moment, being infinite. I pick up my third shot glass of the night and down it as another tray is brought out. "Finally, we thought you up and died on us" Cassian smiles widely staring at the entrance behind me. There behind the table stands Azriel. Without thinking and wishing to keep the blissful indifference of the night I quickly grab a full shot in each of my hands downing both as fast as I can. "Whoah, I'm all for intoxicated fun but you might wanna slow down there horsey" Cass says looking a tad frightened as I down another two. My throat no longer burns and my thoughts slow instead of racing. "Mor is upstairs?" Azriel states more than asks. With a nod of Rhys's head and without so much as a hello to me he heads up to where the devil queen is. I let my head hang down bouncing it off of the table with a groan. "Is she ok?" Feyre looks to Rhys. Slowly my body movements begin to feel as though I am in slow motion. My thoughts soon run the same way. I don't say anything to anyone as I stumble up the steps after him. My name is called but I ignore it. 

Upstairs. Women. Lots of women. Kissing, dancing drinking. This is not what I had expected. I push my way through the crowd in search of Azriel my feet not able to move in a straight line as I mumble slurred apologies to women I bump into. He is nowhere in sight. However I do spot Mor. She sits at an empty booth with a drink in hand looking angry at the world. Angry at me too as she spots me quickly making her way through the crowd of swaying bodies. Her hand grips my arm tight enough to bruise "What the Hell do you thing your doing" she seethes. "I... " I weakly try to pry her hand from my wrist with no luck. "Are you drunk" her voice comes out even angrier. "What is your problem with me?" Her grip loosens at my words. "You are so mean to me and I don't understand why I haven't done anything to you" I fall into her arms losing my balance as the words slip out. Reluctantly she catches me. "Come on let's get you back downstairs". "NO!"  I yell, the music stops and everyone turns to stare at us. "I'm not leaving until you tell me why you hate me!" I stumble back nearly tipping over. "Bellamy now is not the time" she stalks toward me again this time half dragging half carrying me towards the exit and down the stairs. I barely notice when I am pushed into Rhys's arms "Take her home now!" Mor demands of him exiting Ritas and making her way into the night. Feyre takes me into her arms picking me up gently. "I'll take Bell home, you have a word with your cousin" Feyre's voice is stern as she tells Rhys. As Feyre carries me toward the door and as my eyes begin to close I catch a glimpse of Azriel standing by Cassian. His eyes lock on mine but I am too messed up to tell what he is thinking.