1

Whole Cake Island wasn't the best place to open a bakery, and I wished I realized that before selling everything and moving to this island. There was a little too much competition, and I only had 2-3 customers a day. It's why I only make 1 of everything on the menu, since I don't plan on selling to anyone and making too much bread everyday, it will ruin me. I make barley enough to pay my rent. I eat scraps of any bread left. I'm not a bad baker either. I pride my baking skills that my entire family is built on, but apparently no one in this town cared for that. I couldn't blame them, there was sugar and sweets every corner. A little shop in the deep ends of town will never make it. I should've known that, but I thought my pastries were good enough to reach big fans of sweets like Big Mom.

It didn't look like anyone was going to pick up some dinner bread, so I started packing up the bakery. Not like there was much to pack up. Just my dinner consisting of a calzone and a box of donuts.

I locked the door behind me as I walked to my apartment. I could only afford a dingy small room since I spent most of my money on the bakery. Oh a sad life to live.

I entered my small space and threw my dinner on the couch. I slipped into some more comfortable clothing and decided to eat outside today with some alchohol and see where it takes me. If I end up dead in a river, so be it.

I settled for the donuts and left the calzone in my small beer fridge for tomorrow  morning. Then I grabbed a bottle of sake from the small fridge and headed outside, walking into the forest beside my house. This has been a reoccurring habit of mine. To eat dinner outside and watch the sunset. Everyday since I realized my dream was a lost hope. Bringing along some alchohol changed things a bit though. I refrained from drinking but always kept a bottle in case I ever needed to celebrate something but I guess using it to drown out my despair was a good use of it as well.

I laid in my usual spot, it allowed me to see out into the sea and bask in the orange the evening sun casted around me. My back rested against a tree, it's bark feeling well against my tired muscles. I sighed before I opened up the box of donuts and started munching on one. Not a very nutritional dinner but I couldn't complain. I worked out a bit to feel better about only eating bread, but I still gained a pound or two occasionally or lost due to not eating at all for days on end. I rarely had anything to drown down my meals with as well. Mostly just sink water, since all the good water goes to your pastries, or left over milk.

I soon as I finished my first donut, I lifted the bottle of sake I brought up to my lips, taking gulp after gulp. I hadn't even realized I was chugging the entire thing until I stared down into the opening to look for anymore liquid. All down the hatch and I knew it wouldn't take long for me to regret it. Hopefully I black out and die as if my entire life was a dream. I want to wake up to death.

One bottle is of course not enough to kill anyone, but I sure did get drunk. I was dancing around, holding my box of donuts, now only half of the dozen remaining. My stomach was already pretty upset so I decided I wouldn't take another bite of sweets. I had no clue where I was or headed, but I trudged on forward. I looked up at the sky to see it was barley a light purple haze, the sun must still have 3-8 minutes left to shine. I chuckled, but soon ran into something as I was staring up at the sky. A giant tree probably stood in my way and my drunk ass probably hit it. I looked up in front of me. Are trees usually dressed in dark leather and spikes?