2

-katakuri's POV👀-

I needed to let off steam, but I couldnt let anyone see me. Even when I'm pissed, I still keep up my act, even though it's the exact reason I'm mad. It's so frustrating and the only time I can vent is in this forest of Momma's Island. Or at least while I visit. I have a meeting very early in the morning with her regarding  Pudding's wedding so I stayed on the island to not waste time getting here the next morning, since I was had to come here earlier today to drop off some deliveries. But during my deliveries, momma had brought up the topic of marrying me soon as well and one of her comments during that discussion really ticked me off-

"Oh sorry tree... you're a weird tree who wears leather huh?"

I felt something bounce off me and looked down to see a woman with a bottle in one of her hands and a box of donuts in another.

Wait did she say tree?

"Excuse me?" I said, a little annoyed that some drunk stood in the way of my personal time. She bowed, making me cock a brow at her actions.

"I'm sorry, I just need to... leave?" She slurred, moving away and trudging in another direction, looking lost. I sighed, knowing my moral compass wouldn't let me ignore her.

"Ma'am, where do you live?" I asked, walking after her. She looked over at me and shrugged." I'm not going home for a while.." She coughed, holding her stomach." Are you hurt or sick??" I rushed over to her side, holding her much smaller hand in my gloved one.

She leaned into my arm that held her hand, giggling." It's not good to eat nothing but bread for long.. tree man, I'm fine!" She looked up at me with the brightest smile that would've convinced me she was fine had I not heard her have a cough fit earlier.

"Where do you live? Or do you have any family or friends who live nearby?" Hopefully someone could take care of her, I didn't wanna leave her alone but I wanted to let out some emotions that I've pented up for awhile and I couldn't wait anymore.

"Noooope, no family or friends, I'm new, also i don't wanna go to my dingy apartment yetttttt sooooo.." She trailed off, leaning her head back into my chest and I continued to hold her hand." You want donuts tree man?" She grinned, lifting the box she held in her free hand. I raised a brow, grabbing the pink cardboard and seeing there where a few nicely decorated donuts inside. I'm not stupid, these could be laced with something..

"Ma'am, just tell me where you live.." I sighed, my back easing. I hadn't noticed my body was tense. The drunk was just very touchy and kept nudging into me, making me anxious.

"I'm staying here tree dude, I didn't plan on going back anyways..." She trailed off as she shut her eyes, a river of tears flowing out. I widened my eyes, picking her up and looking around. Maybe there's a cabin she lives in. Oh wait she said she lived in an apartment...

I heard her chuckle as she swung her legs that dangled from my arms while I held her bridal style. Bridal, momma, fuck..

Furrowed my brows, I silently cursed, trying to hold in my anger a little more. I needed to vent and this little drunk is making it so much harder that it needs to be...

"Why don't you just leave me hmmm? I'll find my way home, d- uuhhhh don't worry!"

I looked down to see the drunk still crying rivers but her facial expression showed she was content. It was strange but saddening. There was no way I'd live with myself if I left her to roam this island with alchohol in her system..

I'm going to regret this, but its just for a night, my siblings won't notice and momma won't notice..

"Miss, do you want me to take you somewhere where you can sober up?" I didn't know how to phrase that sentence, I'm practically asking her if I could drag her somewhere with me, a complete stranger to her since she thinks I'm a tree..

"Mmmmm treemannnnn-" She laughed, rolling her head back against my arm.

I'll take that as a yes...