ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠⁱᵛᵉ

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Misinterpretation and Chocolate Cake

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Mana found herself admiring the House of Wind's architecture, despite her current disposition. It was certainly less gruesome and dark than where she was raised, and she liked the contrast. She through the years, she had come to realise that she had a small attention span and although it proved to be a nuisance most of the time, she was glad for it now because it took her mind off things she'd rather not think about.

In her idiosyncrasy, she had forgotten about the inner court and the hand she had yet to let go off.

Rhysand had an amused glint in his eyes as he watched, her completely in awe. Also that she had still kept his hand in a firm grasp. Mor worked hard to keep her lips from curling into a grin at the sight. Azriel had appeared out of his shadows as well, observing the female and Rhys and their adjoined hands.

But then Cassian, unable to stay silent any longer, snorted.

It brought back Mana from her daydreams of dancing underneath the starlight at the top of the the House of Wind with brilliant sculptures of chocolate to be her dates that she'll ecstatically eat instead of misogynistic males who think with their genitals.

Slightly flustered that they caught her in her daydreams, she took back her hand from the High Lord.

She fake coughed, "Sire, may I ask why have you bought me here?"

Oh she fully knew why.

But she wanted to know his intentions.

Rhysand simply walked away, "Come with me."

Confused, she followed him as the rest of the court vanished. They must have winnowed there.

He took her to what looked like a dinner hall, his circle had already taken their seats, with two other members as well.

Her High Lord signalled her to take a seat, and she took a chair beside him.

She let her eyes roam, inspect everyone at the table as she evaluated them.

A small, raven haired female caught her immediate attention, her peculiar silver eyes took in every inch of Mana like the Morrigan had, but this time, this female looked at her as if she were a curious pray that had pondered her way into a beast's den. Pretty, heavy ornate jewellery adorned her, Mana noted that she must have a soft spot for shiny things. She wore casual clothing, a dark sleeveless top that ended just below her belly button and dark fleece pants with silver lining that began just centimetres below from her top which revealed a band of skin.

She broke her eyes away from the female, having her quota of bravery on the savings for what's to come next.

She took a quick notice of the Shadowsinger, Nikolas came to her mind but she brushed her silly memories away faster than a hummingbird in flight. Now was not the time.

Why was she bought here? Why wasn't she dead? Or locked? Or have her mind searched by the Daemati that was her child's-

"You must be wondering why I bought you here."

Instead of breaking through your mind searching for the memories you can't seem to recall.

"Yes."

Her voice came out stronger than she expected.

"The child you carry is not your fiance's. Do not try to deny this, Mor sensed the lies he sprouted." Rhysand had a warning to his voice.