Chapter Eighteen

I woke up Monday morning feeling sick as a dog.

It would have been easy to blame my bad health on how much I drank last night. I didn't normally get hungover unless I blacked out but I had been throwing them back last night.

Still, I knew that my drinking had nothing to do with why I felt the way I did.

I felt sick because my life was going up in flames.

Even through my drunken haze, I could remember everything Emmett had said to me.

How did he know?

This thought raced through my head over and over. It made no sense. Emmett had barely met me. All of a sudden he knew my deepest darkest secret?

I hadn't even told anybody.

As soon as the thought went through my mind, I froze. My heart dropped.

It couldn't be.

Even as I tried to make sense of my thoughts, I knew I was right. I had told exactly one person about my dad.

Emmett just happened to have the same eyes as her.

"Fuck." I growled, anger flooding my system. I was a moron. This is why I didn't want to tell anyone. I knew that once it was out, it was going to be spread around.

Fucking Emmett.

I needed to talk to him. Immediately.

I had no clue how I was going to get in touch with him. I needed to make sure he would keep his mouth shut.

I could ask Aiden. It probably wouldn't go well, and he'd think I was trying to fuck his friend, but if that was what I had to do to make sure he never found out then I would ask.

I quickly took a deep breath as I rose from the bed. I was dressed in the same clothes as last night and I felt disgusting.

I decided to take a shower. I would take care of one thing at a time.

With a groan, I walked into the bathroom and took a steaming hot shower. I washed my face and applied all of my moisturizers.

It didn't make me feel any better.

I blocked all of the stress from my mind. I couldn't deal with it right now.

I dressed in shorts and a basic T-shirt. Pulling my hair up into a ponytail, I grabbed my phone off the dresser checking my messages.

I had a message from Morgan, asking me what I was doing today. I didn't text her back. I didn't know what I was doing today.

I was supposed to go to therapy. That was a no.

I had another text from a number I didn't recognize. I clicked it, quickly scanning it before my vision wavered. I could feel panic inching into my body as my eyes scanned the words.

I'd hate to let Aiden know what kind of girl you really are.

Wanna know how you can make sure I don't?

My hand clenched around the phone as I tried to calm my breathing. Fucking Emmett.

Of course he wanted something. Knowing him it was going to be some sexual favor.

Out of the question.

I needed to get him to shut the hell up. I needed some information on him that I could threaten him with.

Or, I needed to tell Aiden myself.

In the meantime, I needed to play along with his games.

The brisk knock on my door had me stifling a scream.