Chapter Twenty Two

I was dreaming about Rory's wedding.

she was freaking out, frozen in the middle of the Aisle.

Sin was waiting for her, turning redder and redder with every second. (He was literally turning red. Dreams were weird).

The priest was asking if she would take Sin as her husband and Rory wasn't answering. She was just standing there. It was a catastrophe.

I was awakened by hands shaking me.

My eyes shot opened, surprise shooting through me when I was met with a dark room, illuminated by only the moonlight.

Aiden stood on the side  of my bed. I couldn't read his expression because he wasn't standing in the light but I knew it was him.

I relaxed, sitting up in my bed.

"Aiden. What are you doing?" My sleeping voice sounded horrible and I quickly cleared my voice.

"You talk in your sleep." He mumbled, instead of answering my question.

"No I don't." I replied running my hands through my hair. If Aiden was going to make coming into my room in the middle of the night a habit, I needed to better prepare my self.

"Yes you do. You kept saying, 'she does'. What the hell does that even mean?"

Okay so maybe I talked in my sleep.

"What are you doing in here?" I hissed, not wanting to embarrass myself any further.

He shrugged, taking a seat at the edge of my bed. "I wanted talk to you."

I raised a brow though I doubted he could see it. "At three in the morning?"

"It's actually two thirty-"

"Semantics." I said, interrupting him. I was curious now, and if I was being honest with myself, I was a little bit nervous. Aiden had been furious with me six hours ago.

He was quiet for a while, just staring off into the darkness.

"Aiden, I'm at the edge of my seat here."

He sighed, running his hand through his curly hair. He looked good when he did that. 

I needed to focus.

"I wanted to apologize. I didn't mean to be rude earlier."

I pursed my lips. "First, two thirty is a weird time to decide that you wanted to apologize."
When he rolled his eyes I continued my speech. "Second, I don't believe you. I think you did mean to be rude. Call me conceited but I'm not totally convinced I didn't have anything to do with your mood earlier."

Since we were having a heart to heart I didn't see a reason to pull any punches.

Aiden groaned, laying down across the end of my bed. "Shit, Grace. Why can't you just accept an apology?"

I crossed my arms. "I thought we were past this Aiden. If you're mad at me let me know. We can talk."

I felt mature getting our problems out in the open. It was time Aiden and I stopped tip-toeing around each other.

"Why the hell were you with Emmett today?"

And just like that a cat had caught my tongue. He knew about my meeting with Emmett. Which meant he was steps from finding out what it was about.

"What are you talking about?"

This was a girl trick that I used when I knew exactly what the other person was talking about. It just gave me a chance to figure out what the hell I was gonna do to get myself out of this situation.

"I'm talking about the fact that I saw you with Emmett on Main."

Okay, he saw me with his own eyes. That wasn't good.

"I just ran into him. Is that really why you were mad?"

Another girl trick. I had to use every trick I had.

"Grace." He sighed placing his hands over his eyes and taking a deep breath. "I feel like there's something you're not telling me. It's driving me crazy."

I turned ninety degrees in the bed so that I was laying directly next to him. "There's nothing I'm not telling you, Aiden. You should have said something when you saw us. We could have bypassed this whole ordeal."

Again, I was lying through my teeth. So much for this whole not lying to Aiden plan.

He turned his head so that we were facing each other. "Seeing you with him was driving me crazy."

I had to focus real hard to control my breathing. There were many ways I could play this. I decided to go with what felt natural.

"Aiden, you don't have to worry about me and Emmett. I don't know why you think there's something going on with us, but there isn't."

His eyes were on mine now and even in the dark I could see the emotion behind them.

"He looks at you."

Because I knew what he was talking about, I felt like I was going to throw up. Instead I played dumb. "A lot of guys do. It doesn't really matter if I don't look back."

He seemed to take my answer at face value. "Yeah, I guess. I was going to talk to you about it. At dinner."

I smiled. "Well it's too late to have dinner now. You can still talk though."

Again he was quiet. I decided to give him a push.

"You have a problem with guys looking at me?"

He turned away from me, his eyes going to the ceiling. "I don't like it. That's not what I wanted to talk about though."

Curiosity really killed the cat because I kept probing him. "What were you going to talk to me about?"

He was quiet for a while, and I suspected that whatever he was about to say made him nervous.

"Is there somebody that you are looking at?"

I felt my cheeks burning and I was glad we were laying in the dark. To ease the awkwardness, I laughed. "Dating is the last thing on my mind right now, Vincent."

I felt him relax beside me. "We're going to the beach."

I was confused, my silence must have clued him in that I had no idea what he was talking about.

"On Friday, Me and the guys are going to the beach. The girls are going too. I didn't know if you wanted to come. I wasn't sure what kind of impression they left on Sunday."

I bit my lip so that I wouldn't ask him if Emmett was coming. The answer didn't matter. "You're friends are great Aiden. Of course I want to go to the beach. I haven't left Winterbrook in two years."

Kinda true.

He laughed. "Alright I'll let everyone know. We're making a road trip of it, so we're going to be gone the whole weekend. That cool with you?"

It was more than cool with me. if Emmett didn't show up then I would have a relaxing weekend. If he did show up then I would be glad I was there to run interference between him and Aiden. Either way, it was a no brainer.

I was going on a road trip. And I was actually excited.