Test Drive

Following the end of the school week, you and Kendo made your way down to the bike shop in order to run some tests. These weren't really for the bike, but mostly for your own gain. Kendo mentioned how the bike she was working on had improved speed and handling and you wanted to beat it in the former category. So, after talking to some of the employees there and getting the bike out onto the field, you began to set up some equipment. Kendo walked from the starting post over to you and placed a hand on your shoulder.

Kendo: And this is supposed to do what exactly?

(Y/N): Track speed and movement capabilities. Depending on how fast that bike can go during this initial run will dictate how fast I need to move and what I need to improve. Or-

Kendo: Or?

(Y/N): Or we can see how slow that thing is compared to me.

Kendo: Oh that's rich coming from you. (Chuckles) You're adorable, you know that?

(Y/N): With me, everything is adorable.

Kendo: Says the vampire.

You glared ahead and sighed as you walked back to the starting line. Kendo giggled and followed you and got onto the bike. You double-checked the equipment and nodded once everything seemed in order. Kendo revved up the bike and took off down the pathway. The straightaway was about 3 kilometers long, so it was plenty of time for Kendo to gain speed and brake safely.

You nodded at her and she zoomed off, reaching max speed after about 10 seconds of driving. You were cheering her on in your head as she drove down and passed the marker and reached the goal line. You looked at the computer and saw that Kendo had reached speeds of 140 kph, nearly twice your max speed. You slowly closed your computer and took a deep breath before pinching the bridge of your nose.

(Y/N): (to yourself) Well damn...just damn.

Kendo turned the bike around and rode back at a casual pace and parked right beside your laptop and speedometer.

Kendo: Well?

(Y/N): I hate you sometimes.

Kendo: Love you too.

You closed the computer and walked back to the starting point. Kendo grew a slightly annoyed face and grew her hand and grabbed your shoulder. She spun you around and forced you to look directly at her. She held her hand in front of you and gestured for you to hand her your computer. You looked at her and sighed and reached into your pocket. She cocked an eyebrow and you gave her a slip of gum. She looked back at you with confusion.

(Y/N): Well, if you wanted some, you just had to ask.

Kendo: (Y/N)?

(Y/N): All I'm saying is that you just have to ask.

Kendo: How much faster than you was that bike?

(Y/N): What do you mean?

Kendo: (Y/N)? Don't start that?

(Y/N): Don't start what? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Kendo grew another annoyed look on her face and used her quirk again to block your path and grab you. She pulled you back and looked at you dead in the eyes. You sighed and handed her your computer to look over the data. She smiled, dropped you, and looked at the relevant data you had pulled up.

Kendo: No way! Nearly 150 kph! That's amazing! And on such a short stretch of road. You know what this means?

(Y/N): (Sighs) I need to move faster?