Final Lap (Epilogue Part 2)

Another year has come and gone, almost done in the blink of an eye. Seemingly, at least. Still, it was a time of work for heroes, expansion of the office, and other fun things around town. And in that past year, a lot had changed for you and Kendo. For starters, you both moved out from your apartment in the city and out to a nice neighborhood shortly after your marriage to one another. Once that move was done, you guys began to take up more and more jobs against villains. It was fun but was it brutal sometimes.

Still, it was fun and you guys loved what has become of your life. The home itself wasn't too much, but it was still fun and a nice house to live in. It also was nice since you guys had your own gym in the attic and a race track down the street for Kendo to practice on. So, things were fine and dandy. Speaking of the former, you were up in the attic, lifting weights with your feet, basically benching all you could improve your own strength capabilities. You took a deep breath and pushed up on some of the weights, trying to maintain balance.

You took a deep breath in and out, slowly moving up and down with the weight on your feet. Honestly, you were surprised by how well you were able to maintain yourself, but at the same time, you were intrigued by how you could even pull it off. You took another deep breath as you pressed again, trying all you could.

(Y/N): Sixty-seven!

Itsuka: HEY (Y/N)!!!

(Y/N): Oh god!

Itsuka's yell threw you off balance and like that, you flew off of your hand stand and crashed down onto the floor below. The weights quickly took you down as well and crashed over your body, hitting your arms, legs, chest, and head. Your yell of pain was enough to make Itsuka run up and get to the attic to see what has happened.

Itsuka: (Y/N)?! Are you ok?

(Y/N): Ye-yeah. Fine. Just (winces) Just a lot of weight.

Itsuka sighed slightly and extended her hand and helped you back to your feet. You groaned a little, stretching your back and kind of cracking it a little. You took a deep breath as you tried to walk it off a little, still wincing with every step.

Itsuka: Are you ok?

(Y/N): Yeah. Just had about 3,000 kilograms fall on top of me. I'm fine. No issue here at all.

Itsuka rolled her eyes and walked up to you and removed some of the weights from the area. You sighed and helped her out real quick before another accident was to happen. Once you were done, Itsuka stopped you from walking past her and began to look you over. You sighed as you let her do her thing.

(Y/N): Itsuka, I'm fine. Really.

Itsuka: I'm just double-checking. You never know.

(Y/N): Itsuka, I took a 4,000-kilogram punch to the face when I was 16 from Bruno Manhin. I'm 23, for crying out loud! I don't need to be looked over.

Itsuka: Do you want me to be happy or pissed off?

(Y/N): There's no right answer here, is there.

Itsuka: Blame your American charm.

(Y/N): I can't. Because that implies charm that I lack.

Itsuka sighed and turned you around just to check out your back. She lifted your shirt and felt along your back, looking for weak points and or bruises. After a few seconds, it quickly became clear to you that she wasn't even looking for bruises at all. She was just feeling you up. You grew a slightly annoyed scowl and turned around and looked at her dead in the face.

Itsuka: Yes?

(Y/N): What is it you needed me for exactly?

Itsuka: Oh. There was a pile-up a couple of blocks from here. I thought we could have gone together to help clean the whole deal up. But considering that was 30 minutes ago, other pros probably already handled it.

(Y/N): Never know until we go.

Itsuka: Fair point. Ready, Vampyric?

(Y/N): Ready, Battle Fist!

You both smirked and got changed into your costumes. You took to the skies and carried Battle Fist out to the crash site. Yes, there were a few pros on the scene, but nothing you couldn't join in for.

Real Steel: Hey! Battle Fist, Vampyric!

You and Battle Fist looked over and smiled at seeing your old classmate, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, better known nowadays as Real Steel. You both smiled and flew down to meet him. He gave you guys the situation and with him, Shishida (Now Beast) and Tokage (now Lizardy) began to clean up the mess before you all. You guys ripped some cars, redirected traffic, got ambulances in along with police, the usual works for you pro heroes.

Was the work hard? No. It was rather easy, grunt work. But that didn't make it any less enjoyable for you and your friends. A good time for everyone to catch up and see where everyone was at in today's world.

Real Steel was currently managing an ever-growing agency, acting as one of the top civil servant class heroes in the country. Beast had been working on a construction project with Power Loader and a few other pros. As it turns out, things were being built at triple the rate in Tokyo so all hands were on deck. And Lizardy was a top stealth hero, infiltrating villain hideouts and cracking down on corrupt officials and mobsters day after day. Both fun, and dangerous work. For all of them, One little slip up and it meant death.

Still, though, it was fun being a stealth hero too. Out of the public eye and easily able to take on the big bads without property damage. Itsuka however, loved the spotlight sometimes. Really giving her a chance to grow her career and her own agency. While both of you were linked, that didn't mean you guys couldn't have some friendly competition between agencies. Plus, double the income from the government.

Once the clean-up was done and some other pros arrived to do the heavy lifting, the five of you all reconveyed along the shoulder of the road to chat.

Tetsutetsu: Say, I know where Ibara is. Guys want to get her and go on down to the Sugar Bowl. I mean, the anniversary is coming up.

(Y/N): Man's got a point.

Itsuka: I'm in.

Shishida: Agreed.

So, it was agreed upon to act and head off to the Sugar Bowl. For the past few years, on the anniversary of your friendship to one another, everyone got together and had a meal at the Sugar Bowl. Once Ibara got the call, she was there before the rest of you guys could even cross the street. You guys nagged your booth and took orders and began to chill out. There wasn't much else to say on the matter.

You guys laughed, joked, and ate around the table. Nothing much else to say. From that, you guys decided to call it a night. After a few hugs here and there, you guys took off for the night.

Itsuka: Well, that was fun!

(Y/N): It normally is. Anything else you wanted to get done today?

Itsuka: Not really. I wouldn't mind just heading home honestly.

(Y/N): Alright then. Home it is. Hoop on.

Itsuka chuckled and jumped onto your back. You then took off and flew back home. The flight was quick, yet fun and relaxing. Nothing to seriously upset either of you. And since it was dark outside, your vision and strength improved tenfold. So, you guys got back home and you set her down gently before walking back into the house.

Itsuka: Plans for tomorrow?

(Y/N): Not much. Why?

Itsuka: I was thinking maybe a date night?

(Y/N): I already paid for-

Itsuka: I can handle things. Come on?

(Y/N): (Sighs) Well, you did essentially drop 3,000 kilograms on me today and force me to carry you around town today. So...yeah, you're buying tomorrow then.

Itsuka: Works for me. Hey, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Yeah?

Itsuka leaned up and kissed you on the lips. You eagerly kissed her right back and pulled away, smiling the entire time.

Itsuka: I love you.

(Y/N): I love you too.

You both smiled as you closed the door to your home...your shared home. One last lap for your lives together.