Chapter 2

Smiling, Umbra looks at everyone in the room slowly measuring them up as she begins to talk. "My reputation proceeds me I see. If you must know, you all are quite popular in dealing with those who are a bit different and who can't be held by typical means.." at this, she snaps the cuffs and proceeds to bend them off her wrist. Tossing the scraps of metal onto the table in front of everyone, she continues "So I knew if I was caught they would most likely bring me here or you all to me."

Crossing his arms, Tony begins to get agitated "That still does not explain a thing. Why did you want to meet us so badly?" At the worry in his voice, the rest of the team begins to tense up, readying for a possible battle. Umbra can't help but laugh at seeing this knowing that she could take them all out in a moment if she wanted too. "Don't worry I am not here to attack you. I'm here because I have something you all want other than the obvious". she states matter of fact while winking at Bucky and smiling at Loki.

The team begins talking suddenly to each other.

"Well this is going to be interesting" Natasha says looking at back at Bucky who replies "Looks like it might be fun though". Chiming in, Loki begins smiling "I have to agree with you all for once..I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with her...". 

Seeing his brother excited, Thor realizes this could lead to something horrible and jumps into their conversation "If Loki is this excited this cannot be good whatsoever." They continue to talk amongst each other while Umbra looks on knowing she had caused a bit of a problem amongst the team already. "Attention back here Umbra" Tony snaps, "What is it you could possibly have that we all want?"

Tilting her head slightly looking at Tony, Umbra realizes that the time has come to tell them, but she could not show any nervousness as it would mean showing weakness. In her world, weakness can get you killed so she squares her shoulders and addresses him "First, they" motioning to all the guards around her, "must all leave. I can promise I won't hurt you all or anything, but they must leave as this is between you all and myself. No one else". At this, she raises her chin and takes on a powerful stance showing she would not be swayed to say anything else until they leave.

"And we should just trust you? We don't even know you except you are apparently dangerous enough to need a full SWAT team to wau up here with their weapons drawn on you." Steve says angrily. Before he could get another word out, Tony raises his hand to stop him. "No...let them go. If anything, we have our own weapons and even two Gods sitting here so we will be fine. But I do not think she is going to hurt us...I think she's telling the truth, aren't you?' he asks with an almost pleading look in his eyes as if begging that his words would hold true.

"You are right. I will not hurt anyone in here as long as you all don't hurt me but if the guards remain then you mind as well throw me the cell they believe I belong in."

"Fine, everyone get out except the team" Motioning for the guards to leave, everyone waits as they all file out with the tension building. Turning back to look at Umbra once everyone except the team has left, he addresses her "Now that everyone is gone, explain what is it you have that we want?".

Realizing that she must take a leap of faith and if they were to attack her, she would have to kill them all, she lowers head and places a hand over her heart "This...". As her hand stays over her heart, a glow begins to emit from beneath it and finally she feels the pull from her chest before a weight falls into her hand. Lifting her hand away, she then holds a stone that glows with an everchanging light, reflecting a full spectrum of color. While Umbra stares at it in wonderment as she does anytime she has seen it, the team around her become frightened.

Shuddering, Natasha stands and backs away looking at Steve, "How does she...". "It can't be.." Steve replies looking at Natasha then back at Umbra. All of a sudden everyone begins talking out loud in amazement yet Loki stares at Umbra then the stone. Thinking to himself, he feels a sense of déjà vu and realizes he is familiar with Umbra and the stone but does not know how. Snapping everyone out of it, Tony steps up to Umbra "Where the hell did you get that? We can't allow you to leave here or even keep that so EXPLAIN NOW!"

Trying to stay calm as they look at you as if you were a monster, you place the stone back over your heart and feel the weight of it sink back into your chest. Rubbing where the glow slowly fades, you look at everyone in the room:

"It is part of me. I can not give it to you nor can you take it from me. Don't worry though, I have no plans on leaving because for some reason I keep getting drawn here. Its like the stone drives me to be here, pulling at me to stay here. I don't know why I have this but trust me I want it gone as much as you all want it for yourself. It won't allow me to get rid of it though. Trust me, I have tried."

 Realizing she had said more than she wanted to out of anger, Umbra goes quiet again looking at them." So...you don't want that stone and you need us as much as we need that stone? You are willing to stay here with us and not hurt anyone?" Tony asks walking towards her. Looking up at him with respect as he seemed the least afraid, Umbra makes a decision "Yes...I know you all deal with crap like this all the time. I see it on the news everywhere I go. If anyone can take this out, then it will probably be all of you and it wants to be here anyways. It's killing two birds with one stone in a way.."

Nick then interrupts suddenly "Speaking of killing, are we going to ignore all the death and destruction you have caused before getting here?" At this, the team starts again as they had not realized her past.

"Death and destruction?" Peter looks at Tony. Before he can speak, Steve interjects "She is too dangerous to keep around. You all know this and can see that." Agreeing with Steve, Thor stands up looking at Umbra before starting towards her "I have to agree with the Captain. What if she tries to kill us? We need to do something before-"

"Do NOT even try it" Umbra states looking directly at him. At the same moment, her hands become engulfed in flames that begin to creep up her arms. Her eyes begin to glow as she prepares herself to fight until someone steps in between her and Thor with their hands raised:

"Please calm down..we aren't going to kill you. You came here for help so that's what we are going to do. You promised you wouldn't hurt us and now I am promising none of us will hurt you..okay?"